986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   After Market Rear View Mirror (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/29160-after-market-rear-view-mirror.html)

fredpayne 06-05-2011 07:54 AM

After Market Rear View Mirror

I am looking for an after market rear view mirror to put on my 2003 Boxster S, I want one that will show the outside temperature, auto dimming would be nice to have also, does anyone have any ideas on where I might find this? Thanks

coolbreeze551 06-05-2011 10:59 AM

I would also be very interested in this product.

J Tinsby 06-05-2011 11:26 AM

Search is your friend...

http://www.brandmotion.com/rear-view/mirrors/auto-dimming.html?gclid=CIfoqoe_n6kCFcZ95Qod1xnptQ

:D

fredpayne 06-05-2011 07:08 PM

Mirror

I have found a lot like those, The problem I am having is to find a mirror that will fit on the Porsche bracket, I am calling cipusa.com tomorrow, I will keep you posted, Thanks

Peter Reed 06-08-2011 03:04 PM

I bought the Gentex K21 Auto-Dimming reaar veiw mirror with compass and temp and the mirror wire cover from Autoanything.com for $210.

This is a great mirror with the Boxster and the outside temp and compass are a big help.

Only issue is finding a path to run the temperature probe up to the lower grills on the bumper. Had to remove the headlights, front trunk liner, etc to find a path for the cable. Had to feed it through a few rubber grommets in the firewall. It can be done!!!

Peter Reed 06-08-2011 03:06 PM

I bought the Gentex K21 Auto-Dimming reaar veiw mirror with compass and temp and the mirror wire cover from Autoanything.com for $210.

This is a great mirror with the Boxster and the outside temp and compass are a big help.

Only issue is finding a path to run the temperature probe up to the lower grills on the bumper. Had to remove the headlights, front trunk liner, etc to find a path for the cable. Had to feed it through a few rubber grommets in the firewall. It can be done!!!

Also, had to use a conventional mirror mount - just mounted it to the right of the Porsche puck. Top of the puck mount should be at least 2" below the plastic headliner.

fredpayne 06-08-2011 07:18 PM

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Reed

If that's the only issue, I'm good to go, I pulled my bumper to install the passport 9500ci, piece of cake. Did you have to take off your old mirror, did you have to buy the cam kit and wire cover between the mirror and top of the windshield?

fredpayne 06-09-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Reed

Also, had to use a conventional mirror mount - just mounted it to the right of the Porsche puck. Top of the puck mount should be at least 2" below the plastic headliner.

Thanks Peter, I purchased one of these. :cheers: