Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2014, 06:28 PM   #1

Covered my door Pocket covers

My drivers door look worse than the passenger when I first got the car, I hated how the thin rubbery coating would just rub off. I had thought about paint them with something like truck bed liner but after one of the spring retaining ears broke on my drivers side I got a used set from a member on here. I decided to recover them in good leather. I had a problem with some Locktite Spray adhesive that just would not hold so I went back to Contact cement in a bottle and it held great. It went pretty smooth except those flowing points were a bear to make look right. I had only covered mostly square items before. If you decide to do this buy good quality leather that is flexible. I got the leather off Ebay for like 16 bucks and had some left over. My originals are on top and the recovered ones are on bottom. The ones I bought were not quite like my originals, they fit fine but they were sure different. Look at the bottoms of the two.

Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:42 PM   #2

Garage
They look great! The little things make a big difference

iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote