986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   anyone reuse oem amber corner trim with litronic headlights? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/29052-anyone-reuse-oem-amber-corner-trim-litronic-headlights.html)

ASpec818 05-27-2011 01:58 PM

anyone reuse oem amber corner trim with litronic headlights?

I'm not a huge fan on clear corners, and was wondering how this setup would look like. It seems like everyone swaps the corner trims for clear pieces.

JFP in PA 05-27-2011 02:42 PM

Ummmmmmmmmm……I have never seen amber corners on Litronics. My two personal cars both have clear corners (factory Lits), and I have three cars in the shop, all with Lits and none of them have amber corners.

You need to remember that the amber in the parking lights section of the Lits in inside the light, the parking light lens is clear……..

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...DSC_0508-2.jpg

Plus the only corners available from Porsche, to my knowledge, are either clear corners with headlight washers, or clear corners without headlight washers.

JTP 05-27-2011 03:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My car had Litronics with orange corners when I bought it.

Pierre 05-27-2011 04:48 PM

JTP Said "My car had Litronics with orange corners when I bought it."

Correct me if im wrong, but your car is a retrofit litronics because factory litronics get defacto headlight washer and your's dont.

JTP 05-27-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre
JTP Said "My car had Litronics with orange corners when I bought it."

Correct me if im wrong, but your car is a retrofit litronics because factory litronics get defacto headlight washer and your's dont.

Yes like the OP asked, this is a case where the previous owner reused the amber triangles after retrofitting the car with litronics. Obviously Porsche didn't let a car leave the factory like this.

CasualCarnivore 05-28-2011 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTP
Yes like the OP asked, this is a case where the previous owner reused the amber triangles after retrofitting the car with litronics. Obviously Porsche didn't let a car leave the factory like this.

Not true, my factory installed LITS came with amber corners.

JFP in PA 05-28-2011 07:05 AM

Something is weird here, I have never seen amber corners on factory Litronics, or any other Lits for that matter, plus I’ve never seen factory Lits without headlight washers.…………….

JTP 05-28-2011 07:45 AM

I bought my 2000 S used in Utah. Litronics were not on the options sticker under the hood so I'm pretty sure it's not factory installed like JFP says. The previous owner probably bought a set of Litronics and just reused the amber triangles.

CasualCarnivore, interesting. Are you the original owner of the car?

CasualCarnivore 05-29-2011 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTP
I bought my 2000 S used in Utah. Litronics were not on the options sticker under the hood so I'm pretty sure it's not factory installed like JFP says. The previous owner probably bought a set of Litronics and just reused the amber triangles.

CasualCarnivore, interesting. Are you the original owner of the car?

No, I'm the second owner of the car. The option code for the LITS is on the sticker so it was factory installed. These Litronics came without headlight washers.

nola911 05-29-2011 06:11 AM

I would be willing to bet the previous owner broke the tab off the clear corners and replaced them with the (less expensive) amber ones. Porsche would not let a car roll off the factory line with such a ridiculous looking clash in the front end design.

I understand not liking clear corners on a civic where the corner light is a whole separate assembly that wraps independently around the side of the car, but on the 986, it is integral to the headlight. It's like painting a white spot on your black hood because you don't like black cars.