986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Looking for some parts - Help please (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/28803-looking-some-parts-help-please.html)

sky986yvr 05-07-2011 08:25 AM

Looking for some parts - Help please

Hi,
1.) Looking for a new top (Black) and I think I should go with glass rear window. Thoughts? The are some eBay list vendors to order from - anybody has history here?
2.) Need a new boot 1999/5 speed kit
3.) I have alot of paint chips thanks to a bloody dump truck on the hwy. Dr. Colour Chip - anyone has history?
4.) Want to install rear speakers - any leads?
5.) Looking for colour logo inserts for wheels

Thanks all . Much appreciate the help.

Scott

thstone 05-07-2011 10:34 AM

This is the rear speaker kit that I installed. Similar to factory kit and is plug and play with the factory CDR-220 radio. Looks factory quality. You already need to have the hard case rear shelf that installs over the engine cover. Fills out the sound rather than providing rear blasting power.

Installation is fairly straightforward. Ignore the instructions about running the cable down the passenger side door sill and across under the dash to the radio and instead run the cable behind the passenger seat tucked under the engine cover and then tuck it up under the center console. This approach is MUCH easier.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-Boxster-Rear-Speaker-Kit-1997-2009-Upgrade-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem33677dc427QQitemZ22077 9627559QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

sky986yvr 05-07-2011 10:55 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the speaker info.

MN 986 05-07-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky986yvr
Hi,
1.) Looking for a new top (Black) and I think I should go with glass rear window. Thoughts? The are some eBay list vendors to order from - anybody has history here?
2.) Need a new boot 1999/5 speed kit
3.) I have alot of paint chips thanks to a bloody dump truck on the hwy. Dr. Colour Chip - anyone has history?
4.) Want to install rear speakers - any leads?
5.) Looking for colour logo inserts for wheels

Thanks all . Much appreciate the help.

Scott

1 - Not sure what the issue is with your top and the glass window is nice but expensive (I recently installed a 2004 OEM top w/glass), but I have a black top and frame with a plastic window that I had replaced 2 summers ago if you are interested. Very easy to swap out the top/frame. It has the headliner, which your's may not if it is a 1999. PM me if interested.
2 - Do you mean the shift boot? I have the 2002 OEM 5 speed shifter and boot that I would throw in if you want the top.
3 - I have used DrColorchip with some success. It doesn't fill deeper chips without multiple applications, but I think it is worth the effort.
4 - Rear speakers add a nice sound, but I bought mine from the dealer at a discount a few years ago. I have heard about an upgraded kit from a guy named Harvey, and I think this is it: Ebay item# 220779627559
5 - Lots of center caps on Ebay, OEM and reproduction. I just bought silver with black OEM caps from EuroMotorspeed on Ebay and they look great, but I don't think they had the colored version.

Jager 05-07-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN 986
1 - Not sure what the issue is with your top and the glass window is nice but expensive (I recently installed a 2004 OEM top w/glass), but I have a black top and frame with a plastic window that I had replaced 2 summers ago if you are interested. Very easy to swap out the top/frame. It has the headliner, which your's may not if it is a 1999. PM me if interested.
2 - Do you mean the shift boot? I have the 2002 OEM 5 speed shifter and boot that I would throw in if you want the top.
3 - I have used DrColorchip with some success. It doesn't fill deeper chips without multiple applications, but I think it is worth the effort.
4 - Rear speakers add a nice sound, but I bought mine from the dealer at a discount a few years ago. I have heard about an upgraded kit from a guy named Harvey, and I think this is it: Ebay item# 220779627559
5 - Lots of center caps on Ebay, OEM and reproduction. I just bought silver with black OEM caps from EuroMotorspeed on Ebay and they look great, but I don't think they had the colored version.

Only two more rear speaker kits available on eBay... I bought a set. Thanks for the info!! Looks better than the OEM kit, for a lot less money.

Jager