Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 04:57 AM   #1

Ignition Key Memory Seat Adjustment

I have two keys for my 2002 Boxster S. One original which came with the car, one a recent replacement. When I use the original key after my wife has used our car and changed the seat settings, when I unlock the car with"my" key, the seat automatically resumes the position of the seat to memory position 1, my setting. However having set the seat position to my wife's settings on memory position 2, whilst it works ok pressing the mem2 button, there is no way that I have been able to make the position change automatically by simply unlocking the door with the replacement (her) key. It locks and unlocks the car and of course starts it up but try as I may, following religiously the instructions in the handbook, I can not get the seat to automatically revert to her position by using the key.
I read somewhere that when coding a new key there are 15 steps to doing this and that the problem may lie in one of these steps which enable the seat memory to interface with the key.
Does anyone out there know the answer or heard of the is issue before?

Chrisa72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:29 AM   #2

When I unlock our 01 S with the key the drivers seat go's crazy. The seat moves all the way forward,up & the seat back goes to full recline?.
I have set all thre memory positions for 3 driver's. The only way to stop it is either hit the unlock/lock button on key a second time or press one of the memory seat buttons.

Rich
RDS911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:04 AM   #3

I'm getting this problem.

I set the seat memory to seat buttons key & 1 with my key in the ignition and switched on. All ok, tested fine, correct saved seat position for each seat button.

however as soon as I lock and unlock the car with the key remote button the seat moves to another seat position.

But heres the strange thing, the seat memory that I set is still stored somewhere on the key but it requires the key in the ignition! I can recall the seat memory I did actually save to the seat key memory button and it goes to my saved seat settings!

its almost as if the remote unlock goes to a different seating position that has been previously saved, and I've tried everything to try and delete it, or overwrite this position. Seems like bad key coding to me. Or the stupid dealer fubar it to go with the spare key that doesnt even remotely unlock the doors!

supermario is offline   Reply With Quote