Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 08:50 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to audisnawb
Went for a joyride in NH this morning and saw...

3 other porsches, first was A Yellow Boxster S in front of me, then a really nice 928 pulled in front of him- the car was mint. Then as Im at a traffic light, a 996 Carrera pulled up behind all 3 of us at the red light. You know its a beautiful day in New Hampshire when all the Porsches come out of hibernation!!
Couple pics I took: the 2nd pic the 911 is in my rear view mirror

PAST: 2000 986 Porsche Boxster Biarritz White on Sierra Beige
audisnawb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #2

Glad to see you got some good driving weather...nice photos too...
Old 05-01-2011, 05:09 AM   #3

Thanks! Its a beautiful weekend, summer is finally taking off here in NH. I know youve been underway for a while in So Cal LOL

Old 05-01-2011, 08:28 AM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by audisnawb
3 other porsches, first was A Yellow Boxster S in front of me, then a really nice 928 pulled in front of him- the car was mint. Then as Im at a traffic light, a 996 Carrera pulled up behind all 3 of us at the red light. You know its a beautiful day in New Hampshire when all the Porsches come out of hibernation!!
Couple pics I took: the 2nd pic the 911 is in my rear view mirror
That was part of the ncr-pca rally yesterday. There were around 15 cars in the event. We started off the 101 in Manch and took the backroads up through Goffstown, Amherst, New Boston, etc up to Concord. Fun roads and a great time!

The weather has been spectacular the past few days. On Friday, I took a quick drive up & over the Kanc. The road was in decent condition and clear of sand. It was a little bumpy through the S's down along the river, but otherwise a blast! Made a pitstop at the Moat Brewery for lunch and a beer. Good stuff!
F1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1GP
That was part of the ncr-pca rally yesterday. There were around 15 cars in the event. We started off the 101 in Manch and took the backroads up through Goffstown, Amherst, New Boston, etc up to Concord. Fun roads and a great time!

The weather has been spectacular the past few days. On Friday, I took a quick drive up & over the Kanc. The road was in decent condition and clear of sand. It was a little bumpy through the S's down along the river, but otherwise a blast! Made a pitstop at the Moat Brewery for lunch and a beer. Good stuff!
AHHHH Bummer, I had no idea. I would have followed two of the Porsches up there, but I didnt want to seem "stalker-ish" hahaha Wish I had known, I would have joined you guys! Beautiful day for it

Old 05-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #6

I got out in my car yesterday here in Dayton, OH. Went to go work on some house on a very high end of town, and while I was down in that area I saw a newer turbo, a 996, a boxster, and like 3 Cheyenne's. It was like every home in that neighborhood had some type of Porsche. As I was leaving I thought I saw the only house that didn't have a Porsche as they had Honda's and an Acura in the driveway, but the garage door was open and there was an older red 911 tucked in there.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #7

Nice... I liked the last sentence- teaser about there being no Porsche, and BAM an older 911 in the garage. Thats funny stuff man.

Cayennes are like Ford Explorers around here, in New England, lots of people have them for the winter driving. I see them multiple times a day, but not so often a Porsche Convertible/Sports car.