Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #1

Unhappy Clutch pedal doesn't come up after heavy braking

I was checking out my brakes today and after a full stop from maybe 60mph my clutch pedal got weird. It feels like it doesn't want to come all the way up and is not leveled with the brake pedal. I know the clutch and the brakes share the same fluid but what could have happened? Do I have a leak somewhere?

The brakes feels good though.

I drove carefully back home and the clutch didn't slip (well I didn't try to force it).

Ps. Yes I pressed down both the clutch and the brake pedal as hard as i could for my brake test.

Please advice!

heltsonika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #2

They do share same fluid.. when I was bleeding my brakes, clutch wouldn't come up after bleeding (I had to pull it up by hand).

Maybe try to bleed the brakes/clutch?

How is your brake fluid level?

Sasha
sasha055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #3

Thank you for your reply!
It was too dark to check the level last night so it was the first thing I checked this morning. The fluid level was low but not below. I will add some today.

However, I took your advice and pulled the pedal back to its normal position but the feel was not what I expected. It was mechanic and gave a rough sound. Sounded like there was some jam in the pedal box itself!

I read somewhere that someone had a simular problem. He had his clutch, slave/master cylinders replaced several times just to find out there was a spring in the pedal box that had gone twisted. Maybe that spring caused my drama last night 'cos after that nasty crunch it all went back to normal!

I will however keep a close look at the clutch/brake fluid in the future. The car has still some month warranty left from my purchase so if it happen again I will definitely make use of it.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:29 AM   #4

From what you describing it might be the spring...

You have ONE MONTH of warranty left, don't wait for it to happen again.. I bet it will happen after 32 days, just got and have it fixed by the dealer

Sasha
sasha055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #5

I missed one s. I have 5 months of warranty left but I doubt they will replace it in working order. If it happens again though I will most certainly take it to Porsche.

The fuel level was back to full after my little pull so I don't have a leak at least.