Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 07:16 PM   #21

So your suggestion is to start by installing the top up at the front and then work my way back in order to get it tight in the rear by the window?

I'm kind of nervous about the whole re-install for some reason. everything came off nice and smooth so it shouldn't be a big deal but it'll be the first time I've done a top before.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #22

No just slide the top back on and then attach the sides and start installing all the way up to the front. The last step would be looking in the rear window and then attachingmthe rubber pieces.
mikes_box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:04 AM   #23

Ok thanks. I should be getting a call by today or tomorrow about it being done. Hopefully I'll get it back together over the weekend
Old 04-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #24

The shop I took my top in called me today to say their supplier cant send a small enough piece of the tinted for some odd reason. So, now I have to decide to go with green, clear, or order some tinted from the supplier you used Mike.

Is the 30gauge going to be thick enough you think? I was really set on going with tinted although I should be smart and go green since I am thinking of selling the car. Just think overall the tinted would really tie the whole car together.

Thanks Mike for everything. I know I've been buggin you on this ****************
Old 04-14-2011, 04:27 PM   #25

I've still got half the roll left and I will sell it to you and send it over there for half of what i paid for it. I paid $60 for the size I bought not knowing I only needed about half. It is 30 gauge and the oem is 40 gauge. When I took the top of I noticed how thick it was and the 30 gauge is pretty thick but not as thick.
mikes_box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:59 PM   #26

Sounds good. Read somewhere that it needs to be like 29x67 or something like that. If you don't mind measuring it and letting me know and as long as its the right dimensions, SOLD!.

Sucks my guy couldnt get it in cause I was hoping to get it back together by now. Oh well. Guess thats what my beater trucks for