Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #1

Need Major Help

I had a leak in my top on my 2000 box S and the floor got soaked, now, c3 fuse cant be jumped to open the hood, nor will the windows work (same fuse i think) I got into the hood and charged the battery, NOTHING wont turn over but all the dash lights will go on as well as the radio.

key fob will also not work, im guessing its in some sort of a security mode? what can I do?

Thanks

stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:29 PM   #2

Sounds like the control box under the seat may have gotten wet. Lots of warnings about this situation in the manual and in this forum.
If it has shorted out, you are toast. Drying it out may work, but others have said that once it gets wet, you will have to replace it and I think that the keys will have to be reprogrammed if I remember correctly. Lots of threads about this on the forum, do a search.
3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #3

ok I took out the box under the seat, the fuse was blown, replaced it, dryed the unit out, the window moved ONCE and not all the way when I opened the door, now back to the same.

what the hell can it be? she wont start or the windows. everything else works fine
Old 03-26-2011, 07:18 PM   #4

Also im seeing in most threads that the CLU box will only make the doors not lock and the door chimes go dead, no post seems to say that the car wont start, can it even do that?
Old 03-27-2011, 01:03 AM   #5

The control module (ECU) under the seat not only controls the widows & key entry function but also the engine imobiliser. If it has a fault (damaged by water ingress), then it defaults to stopping the engine being started.
The ECU is not a cheap replacement either....
Old 03-27-2011, 05:23 AM   #6

so the ecu and the clu are the same thing? or are there 2 boxes?
Old 03-27-2011, 05:29 AM   #7

basically other then locking/trunks/starting everything on my car works, the fuse was blow on my m535 box and it was very wet, i think this m535 box is the immoblizer box? can that box prevent the car from starting? or even turning over?