Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2005, 01:35 PM   #1

Question PLZ Help about Litronic headlight for RHD & LHD !!

HI~~~Can anyone plz tell me for those Litronic headlight do they have different for RHD or LHD ??

I read from other forums someone says for Litronic headlight
all you do is flip a switch then u can change to RHD or LHD
is that true ?? coz i don't know where is the switch ~~~

Coz i am at New Zealand is RHD but i am going to buy the Litronic headlight from ebay USA so don't know will fit or not ??

so if anyone know PLZ give some help ~~~

ys2l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 05:28 PM   #2

They are different. The shop manual has specific sections about converting them for both headlight types. For the base lights it involves using "masking film". For the litronics, there is a "tourist setting" - the housing inside (past the control module/elecrical connection layer) is marked "T" and "0". 0 is the standard setting and T swaps the orientation for going to countries where they drive on "the other side" when you're feeling "touristy".
Old 06-08-2005, 06:13 PM   #3

Thumbs up

So i can't buy from USA then put on RHD ??
but i call to USA porsche dealership they says will fit ~~~
so is that mean i have to buy from UK or some other RHD country ??
thank you very much for your help DONV !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donv
They are different. The shop manual has specific sections about converting them for both headlight types. For the base lights it involves using "masking film". For the litronics, there is a "tourist setting" - the housing inside (past the control module/elecrical connection layer) is marked "T" and "0". 0 is the standard setting and T swaps the orientation for going to countries where they drive on "the other side" when you're feeling "touristy".
ys2l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 06:25 PM   #4

No, I think you can (but don't depend on just my word for this purchase!). You would just set the lights to the T setting (as if someone from the US were a "tourist" in New Zealand) and just leave them there. The manual makes no caveat about this being a "not the same as regular" usage condition (no mention of degraded performance/quality, etc.), just that this is the opposite setting from the non-tourist setting.