Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
pk2

987 INTERIOR in a 986…swap ??

Has any body shoehorned a 987 interior into a 986? I want a replace my 99's thrashed interior with a newer, nicer interior and want to explore this option. As I see it the newest interior (04(?)) that would snap right in would have 7yrs of wear, tear and weathering (and it will get a lot more out here in the sunshine state).

Part of my business involves proto typing stuff from scratch so mods to door panels and the like would be pretty easy for me. Below is my guess as to what would easiest (one star) to most difficult (5 stars) to adapt to my car:

Carpet *

Seats * ½

Door panels ***

Center console ****

Dash *****

So I probably wouldn't mess with the center console or dash unless some one told me it was relatively doable or had a DYI. I think I'd stick with the carpet, seats, & door panels

Thoughts, have you done it? am I missing anything?

Regard, PK

P.S My 99 only has 40k, it's fast, and looks great but the interior is trashed (tops seldom up, nite & day, 9 months a year…so cal what can I say).

Old 02-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
Porscheectomy

The dash on my 2000 has a structural aluminum bar that runs the width of the car. I don't know how they clear the bar with the glove compartment on the '03/'04. Maybe it's a different bar or gone altogether.

blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
pk2

Thanks,

I never looked at a 01-04 closely. I always assumed that they were pretty much the same as a 97-00 (unlike 987). I think I'll be keeping my dash cause its good, black (goes with any thing) and I swore I'd never take it out again the last time I did (grin)

Regards, pk