Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2005, 06:40 PM   #1

Look what the Dealer gave me free of charge!

Well I brought my car in for an airbag warning light, and this is what I received for no extra charge..

They are of course denying any responsibility... I don't know what to do?

The full story is that I had a date with a woman I have had my eye on for a while, and we finally went out for drinks, so in the morning before dropping the car of I cleaned her up real nice, so she would be extra shinny. This invovlved sparying Zaino Z8 on every panel, so I would have seen the damage. I knew I would be driving her home. So I dropped the car off to work, went for drinks after work and we both walked over to the dealer to pickup my baby so I can drive her home.

Didn't notice the damage, until the next day...

What to do.... I am soooooooo pissed.

Oh ya the damage is on gthe passenger side rear bumper.

For you Toronto folk, this happend at Downtown Porsche, so be very careful if you are bringing your car there. They had me bring my car to llok at the damage (45min drive) and then they told me sorry this was already on the car when you brought it in. Seems everybody in the dealership remembers this damage. Amazing memory these porsche guys have.

Mike

Last edited by 99-Boxster-MK; 06-22-2005 at 06:43 PM.
99-Boxster-MK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 07:41 PM   #2

Thats sucks!! I feel for you..... what a bunch of ass! They are not responsible for anything at all?

I purschased both my Boxster & Cayenne from DFC, they have the worst service you can ever find, my Cayenee had a battery problem at 5000kms(rediculous), they told me that I didn't drive my car hard enough, thats why I killed the battery..... WTF???? They asked me to buy a new freakin batt for $350.... screw them, I refuse to take the car... at the end they replaced it for free. Everytime I take my car in, I feel like they will try to rip me off.... I am always prepare to start a WWIII with them, sleepless nights prior to that.

Cheapest dealer ever!!! I don't see them treating other Carrera owners with the same tone or poor service as to boxster owners....

I take my car to Phaff now, they are still hard to deal sometimes, but better...

maybe because we own a Boxster.... esspecially an older one as well....

Sorry to hear about your incident!
TECH986ART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 05:24 AM   #3

I got a simular customer appreciation gift @ODaniel Porsche, except mine was a curbed rim.....
tqtran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:47 AM   #4

Talking

I would suggest that you go directly to Porsche, Canada on these issues. I know the US dealers are graded by the number of complaints they get on service issues and my local guys are VERY responsive to issues like this.

Good luck.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqtran
customer appreciation gift
heheeh, I like that

I think I will call porsche NA directly. I already called them b/c the dealer refused to honour my warranty. They are gonna think I am a trouble maker..

In the end its my word against their's, but there is something to be said about the customer being right

I am just sooooo pissed about the entire experience.

I forgot to mension, that I also got a painted ignition surround on my car, and the dealer also put a gauge in that.

How can they be aloud to treat cars like that. God damm it, its a porsche for gods sake. Some care should be taken.

Mike
Old 06-23-2005, 10:22 AM   #6

Well I called Porsche and filed a complaint. They won't do anything in regards to something like this as the dealerships are privetly owned and this is between them and me.. This is understandable. They did take my complaint. I guess they log how many complaints occur against a delearship.

They did give me the number of the person in charge of the delearship, so I called and left a message. Won't this be interesting..

Mike
Old 06-23-2005, 07:30 PM   #7
Lux

Man, this ******************** makes me mad just reading about it. Always do a "walkaround" with the service advisor when you drop your car off and when you pick it up (like how they do it when you rent a car). This should help avoid situations like the one you're facing.

However, since your dealer is dishonest, you have to hit 'em where it hurts...in their pocketbook.

Here's what you can do...
Drive the car over there and park your car prominently on the street, preferably in front of their entrance. Put up a big sign that says dealer scratched your car and won't take responsibility. Leave it parked there all day. You might have to do this a few times. Hopefully, they'll see it as bad for business and make things right.

-
Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:54 PM   #8

Good idea Lux!! Haha, I'll seriously do that if they ever F around with my car!

Mike: Let me know if you need any legal advice, I have a friend who just won a 3mths war with BMW due to a Lemon issues with his car.

Also I'll back you up with what Lux suggested!!
Old 06-24-2005, 10:32 AM   #9

Well going to the top pays They are going to take care of it, and its going in on Monday for a full panel redo.

I think I am going to get them to redo my front bumper as well as its already in the shop and there are a few stone chips on it. I am sooo happy now Hopefully they will do a good job on the re-painting.

It's just unfortunate the bumper has to be re-painted, but I guess there is nothing that can be done as the gauge is into the plastic.. oh well.....

Do you guys think I should have the front bumper done? as they would have mixed the paint and the car is in? The stone chips are minor but there are many tiny ones, and a few big ones. would take me days to fill properly??

I did really like the sign idea, and I would have done it. Right in the front windshied, just like those sun shields. That way they wouldn't be able to remove it ehehhe

Mike

Last edited by 99-Boxster-MK; 06-24-2005 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:22 AM   #10

Glad to hear, Downtown Porsche repainted my front bumper for me, it was the worst job I ever seen, not only they did not fully send it down to prep it(causing my bumper easy to get chipped due to the paint wasn't hard enough), the clearcoat looked like orange peels (I have a 2-tone car now from the front view). I have to Re-paint mine....

Make sure to tell them to do a good job and check everything after its done, from my experience, the body shop they deal with are crap! Maybe cause $$ its out of their pocket...
Old 06-24-2005, 12:20 PM   #11

Do you know which body shop they sent yours too? Just curious how much they charged you for the front bumper? I am going to out of pocket the front bumper so I wanna see if they will try to pad the bill to recover the costs, so this way if I know how much you paid I can have some leverage..

Thanks for the heads up on the work quality

Mike
Old 06-24-2005, 09:49 PM   #12

Unfortunately I don't know which body shop they, they reason they painted the bumper cause I bought a pre-owned boxster from them, and the bumper was a mess. I asked them whom they will sent the bumper to, they said "the best in Toronto" handling exotic many cars..... yeah right..... more like... crappy Jane and finch shops.... It was my mistake for not checking fully when taking delivery.... I was too excited to drive my first Porsche...

But I am telling you, they will charge you an arm and a leg(alot of mark-ups on top), a front bumper paint job will cost about 250-350 range... I will repaint mine next week at shop near Richmondhill.

I really suggest you to think twice before letting them paint your bumper, if its bareble, just leave it....

Good luck!