986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   is debadging = blasphemy? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/27748-debadging-%3D-blasphemy.html)

baxster 02-06-2011 08:13 AM

is debadging = blasphemy?

I have a black S. The Boxster badge is silver and the S is red. I like the look but because to car is black, I spray wax a lot to touch-up and the badge is a PITA.

I think debadging would also look good, but would the P-Gods be displeased? This is my first porsche and I don't know the culture yet. When I owned BMW's and saw someone put a M badge on a non M bimmer, I would think, "what a putz". Mind you, I think that would be worse than debadging.

jmatta 02-06-2011 08:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Everyone knows it's a Porsche and a Boxster...it is your personal preference whether you want badges or not. The only taboo would be removing the crest on the front; as every Porsche, street or race, has worn the crest.

I actually find it annoying when people go overboard with every surface emblazed with "Porsche", "Boxster" or crests on everything.

I like my badges!

Jaxonalden 02-06-2011 09:03 AM

Personally, I removed my Boxster S badge off the back of my car, raised the spoiler and installed on the rear facing surface. That way as I'm passing by at 75+mph, everyone can see what just blew passed them.

clickman 02-06-2011 09:07 AM

It's your car. Do what you want. After all, variety is the spice of life.

Having said that, like you I'm not a fan of adding badging that's "false advertising".

:cheers:

Idaho Red Rocket 3 02-06-2011 10:13 AM

You could just get a decal to put on the spoiler. We have a nice matalic silver "Boxster" in a stylized cursive script on our '98. It was on there when we bought the car. I would like to find this decal with "Boxster S" to put on our 2K S we just bought.

Brucelee 02-06-2011 11:38 AM

There are no "Porsche Gods!" Do what you want.

:D

Dave928 02-06-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brucelee
There are no "Porsche Gods!" Do what you want.

:D

Blasphemy!!! :eek:

Jake D 02-06-2011 02:12 PM

I removed mine and have everything blacked on the rear. I think it made it a lot cleaner and also some people don't know what it is, which I like. The red calipers say Porsche, so does the wheels and I have the hood crest. Thats enough for me.... actually almost too much

ddb 02-06-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmatta
Everyone knows it's a Porsche and a Boxster

I'm always surprised at how many people ask me "what is that?". Many don't have a clue. I always tell them it's a new Ford.

Mine is debadged.

baxster 02-06-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaxonalden
Personally, I removed my Boxster S badge off the back of my car, raised the spoiler and installed on the rear facing surface. That way as I'm passing by at 75+mph, everyone can see what just blew passed them.

I like this idea. Did you install the original badge on the spoiler? I was wondering if the thickness of the badge clears everything.

Jaxonalden 02-06-2011 08:52 PM

Yes, I did install the original badge. I broke mine while waxing the car so it came off and I loved the way the ass end looked all cleaned up. It reminds me of a woman, on her knees, bent over ;) ...no disrespect ladies but damn!, those fenders sticking out there....Mmmm :dance:

I had to go purchase a new plastic Boxster S badge and the double stick tape works perfectly. Clearance is no problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by baxster
I like this idea. Did you install the original badge on the spoiler? I was wondering if the thickness of the badge clears everything.

baxster 02-06-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaxonalden
Yes, I did install the original badge. I broke mine while waxing the car so it came off and I loved the way the ass end looked all cleaned up. It reminds me of a woman, on her knees, bent over ;) ...no disrespect ladies but damn!, those fenders sticking out there....Mmmm :dance:

I had to go purchase a new plastic Boxster S badge and the double stick tape works perfectly. Clearance is no problem.

Do you have a pic of the badge on your spoiler?

You were talking about a woman bent over with boxster shorts on right? :D

eightsandaces 02-07-2011 03:38 AM

One thing is certain, we all know how the company feels about using the panel as a billboard, I'm surprised they didn't fit

"THE" ------Boxster Spyder on the newest edition.

ekam 02-07-2011 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddb
I'm always surprised at how many people ask me "what is that?". Many don't have a clue. I always tell them it's a new Ford.

Mine is debadged.

I get asked a lot in parking lots by cougars what car it is.

ddb 02-07-2011 07:21 AM

^^^

That's funny!

chris97boxster 02-07-2011 09:40 AM

You can order it from the factory that way
so I don't think u will upset the Porsche Gods

What??? There r no Porsche Gods?? Blasphemy LOL

Cheers
Chris

JTP 02-07-2011 09:43 AM

If debadging is blasphemy then that guy peddling stick-on exhaust ports for Boxsters committed the unforgivable sin.

eightsandaces 02-07-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTP
If debadging is blasphemy then that guy peddling stick-on exhaust ports for Boxsters committed the unforgivable sin.

Hey don't laugh, I heard the same guy is developing stick on RMS leaks, to put on the garage floors of your paranoid friends, kind of the exploding golf ball for boxsters.

litteng 02-07-2011 01:15 PM

build you own car...

then you can park it on the street without a badge.... yeah i know kinda hard nosed, but ...

i think we need to give credit were due... the Dr. gets the credit, his design, we all just can't get enough of the coolaid :cheers:

i suppose for those who can't read we could even tell them that its the latest russian yugo sport model... :D

baxster 02-07-2011 02:48 PM

litteng,

Bummer having a box in saskabush. You get to drive, what... 2 months a year? When it's not snowing or raining (water or bugs)... wait, make that 2 WEEKS a year!! :D

Just kidding! Anyways, you definately want to drive with badges among the sea of Pontiac Sunbirds, Chevy Aveos etc.

Same goes for chris97boxster (to some degree) in Edmonchuck.