Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #1

Electrical Expertise needed!

Hi,

I have just bought my first Porsche a 1998 Boxster Tip, I have one very annoying problem, the door mirrors operate it reverse - exactly the opposite of which you would expect!

Flick the switch to select the left mirror and the right mirror adjusts - not just that but press the adjuster at the bottom, and the mirror tilts up, and of course press the adjuster at the top and the mirror tilts down.

To me this sounds like someone has made a connector in reverse somewhere, can it be that simple? And where is it? Is this an easy one to rectify?

Any help much appreciated, thanks.

mgstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #2

yep - that simple... carefully pull the "sail" panel up, then off and reverse the plug.

It is a common problem which occurs when one removes the door panel (to fix something or upgrade speakers etc.) and puts back in place in reverse w/o checking before closing everything back up.

Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:18 AM   #3

Electrical expertise needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster
yep - that simple... carefully pull the "sail" panel up, then off and reverse the plug.

It is a common problem which occurs when one removes the door panel (to fix something or upgrade speakers etc.) and puts back in place in reverse w/o checking before closing everything back up.

Hi and thanks for the response,
can you please enlighten me regards the 'sail' panel, is this the door panel? Also, how will I identify the correct plug? Unless there is only one under the 'sail' panel.
Cheers
mgstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:39 AM   #4

I'm guessing it's the panel shaped like a sail, triangle, with the mirror switch on it.
monaghana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #5

mgstu -

basically, the switch is upside down. someone just re-installed it that way by accident. remove the entire switch & flip it over.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote