Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2003, 03:50 PM   #1

ZAINOS products

I have seen several postings on this board with interest in the "assumed" best car-care products available -- ZAINOS. A lot of people are interested in doing a group purchase. Well, I have decided, since I really want to try their stuff, to be the "do" guy; thus I am going to coordinate a purchase. I need to know whom is interested and what you guys want. After I receive some feedback, say in a 2 weeks time, I will contact Zaino, and get some pricing/details. After that, we will proceed.

I have already recieved one guys "needs," so hop on-board, lets see what we need!

Check out Zainos products at:
http://www.zainobros.com/index.shtml

ehljags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 08:59 PM   #2
Forum Contributor

Just couldn't wait anymore for everyone to jump on the band wagon.

I order a few products directly from Xaino Brothers and tried it out on my MB E55 and the Wifes ES300. Really impressed with what it has done on the wifes car. The car was neglected and I think I only waxed it 2 times in 3 years. It has brought back that showroom shine.
Box Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 04:49 AM   #3
Forum Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Supamatt
Quote:
Originally posted by Box Dream
Just couldn't wait anymore for everyone to jump on the band wagon.

I order a few products directly from Xaino Brothers and tried it out on my MB E55 and the Wifes ES300. Really impressed with what it has done on the wifes car. The car was neglected and I think I only waxed it 2 times in 3 years. It has brought back that showroom shine.
How much did you spend on the product? My friend and I are very interested int he product.

DigitalInsomnia
http://digitalinsomnia.cc/matt/road.jpg
Supamatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 10:13 AM   #4
Forum Contributor

I bought 1 unit of the Z1 - $8.95,
2 units of the Z2 - $12.95 ea
1 unit of the Z5 - 16.95.
Shipping is $7.95 regardless of how many you order.

The bottles are really small, 8 oz so you have to use it sparringly.

Here is the website if you need to order it.

www.zainobros.com
Old 04-10-2003, 06:04 PM   #5
Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Vance (PA) Send a message via Yahoo to Vance (PA)
I will be giving my new Boxster its first wax this weekend. I decided to go with Pinnacle Souveran. I read a great deal about both carnuba waxes and the synthetics (Zaino, in particular). I really wanted to go with Zaino... but for my first attempt, I decided to go with a top quality carnuba because of the REPUTATION (we'll see if it's reality) that Zaino is more of a reflective shine, whereas the souveran gives a deeper, richer colorful shine -- particularly on dark colors (I'm in a midnight blue).

Will let you know how it turns out.

Vance
Vance (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 09:35 PM   #6
Forum Contributor

I think waxing with Carnuba wax first is a good idea. This will give a good base to the car. You can use Zaino later on to keep and enhance the shine.
Old 04-12-2003, 07:46 AM   #7

Vance,

I agree, putting some "wax" on is a good idea. I have used Zainos, and the results are top: Shines like you can not believe. My car is lapis Blue (see pic on the top of the Forum page).

However, I have recently used Zymol Carbon, after a cleaning/prep with Zymol HD-Cleanse: Intense shine, with Carnuba protection.

I will still used Zainos when I am in the mood for the "shine." Just need some protection (sounds like a condom ad).
Old 04-12-2003, 02:33 PM   #8
Forum Member

Well, here is result of my first wax (first ever wax on the Boxster, and first time I've really waxed a car)... used pinnacle souveran. And I'm sure I made a hundred mistakes, but pleased with the results.

I did notice one small rock chip up front... and there were some existing swirl marks (damn dealer!).

Also installed clear sidemarkers, which I'm thrilled with.

Haven't posted a pic on this forum yet... fingers crossed.
Old 04-12-2003, 07:19 PM   #9

great looking tees Vance! Still winter time? Can not wait until the green stuff shows into the reflection.

Actually, the shine looks awesome. Have you tried microfiber cloth for wax removal and polishing?
Old 04-12-2003, 07:24 PM   #10
Forum Member

Yes, I did use microfiber. They did not do quite as well at drying as I had hoped... but excellent for wax removal/polish (and just about everything else).

Yes, still feels like winter... Spring is doing its best to break through though. Here's a pic that shows a little green (along with the new clear sidemarkers).

Vance