Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #1

Passenger Side Door Won't Open from Inside

2000 Boxster S with 51K miles.

The passenger side door won't open from the inside. Pulling the inside door handle will cause the pass window to drop ~1/2" but the door does not open. The outside door handle works fine.

I searched and didn't find any conclusive answer other than to try to get the central locking computer to relearn the window height by rolling the window up and down in two cycles, then hold the window button down for 30 secs. This procedure was tried and didn't fix the problem.

What else should I be looking at?

Thanks,

past: 2010 Boxster S

Last edited by turbo23dog; 06-22-2011 at 05:14 PM.
turbo23dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:01 PM   #2

from the inside, there is a wire that hooks to handle and then to lock. something is broken. its not electrical. hopefully a plastic clip. take it apart and see.
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #3

This was the problem. The cable that links the inside door handle to the door latch was badly frayed. So much so that the hook on the end of the cable fell off in my hand after the picture was taken. New cable from P-dealer was about $8 and was available for pick up day after I phoned in the order. Instal took about an hour.
Attached Images

past: 2010 Boxster S

Last edited by turbo23dog; 06-22-2011 at 05:16 PM.
turbo23dog is offline   Reply With Quote