986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Radio Wiring 03 (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/27577-radio-wiring-03-a.html)

WRGREENER 01-21-2011 03:53 PM

Radio Wiring 03

New O3 2me... Have Unusual Wiring..on B & C
Bottom Bus Has Typ. "kramer A" Connector To Facilitate Power/ground/needs

Middle Bus Has Typ "kramer B" Connector To Normally Facilitate Speaker System R/l F/b-----no Wiring Available

Top Bus Has Typ "kramer C" Connector To Facl. Amp?? In My Case It Has A Yellow Connector With Mulit Wiring (6 CONTACTS ONLY)???

Can Anyone Explain That Top Bus?
Additionally Is There A "master Fuse On The Drivers Sidewall Fuse Panal That Controls The Power (besides The 10amp @ Radio)?
Pics Attached

Burg Boxster 01-22-2011 04:45 AM

Yes, there is a separate fuse in the fuse panel for the audio system.

From '03+, Porsche used the MOST (fiber optic) loop system daisy chaining the head unit, amp, and any accessories (NAV, CD changer, etc) together. Thus, there aren't any traditional line level outputs or amplified outputs from the rear of the head unit.

See this thread for more help/info...

renntech.org/forums/index.php/topic/25829-becker-cdr-23-pinout-or-connector-wiring-diagram/

Congrats on your new to you Boxster

:)

WRGREENER 01-22-2011 05:14 PM

Most

OK, PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT WHEN I BOUGHT THE CAR THE PREVIOUS OWNER STRIPPED OUT THE SPARE/TOOLS/MANUALS/POSSIBLY THE CD CHANGER.
CAN YOU TELL ME THE FUSE NOMENCLATURE I NEED TO INVESTIGATE (e.g. A-9,E-1) FOR A BAD FUSE. IS THE MOST SYSTEM SOMETHING THAT NEEDS PROGRAMMING OR TWEAKING AFTER TRAUMA (LIKE WATER INFILTRATION AND REPLACEMENT OF COMPUTER SYSTEM UNDER DRIVERS SEAT OR BATT. DISCONNECT OR OTHER)?
IF THE CD CHANGER WAS TAKEN, DO I NEED IT FOR THE MOST TO WORK=RADIO TO WORK. DOES THE MOST CONTROL THE SPEAKER SYSTEM,ALSO?

Burg Boxster 01-23-2011 04:38 AM

CD Changers are an option so don't be so sure yours should have it. If it does/did, it'll be in the front trunk. If it's missing you'll at least need a MOST loop connector to close the system and it may need reset w/ the Porsche PIWIS system to take it out of the loop.

Contributing members at Renntech.org can download a users manual. In the mean time, here's a link to a fuse panel diagram from Mike Focke's '01S from his google Boxster page (basically same for most 986 Boxsters):

Cut & paste this link:
156972798683730054-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/mikefocke2/fuzebox01S.jpg

Good luck :)

WRGREENER 01-23-2011 06:51 AM

no loop @ in front bonnet, found renn list info, and following the link. thanks