986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   110 mph and grinning! (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/2737-110-mph-grinning.html)

RandallNeighbour 05-22-2005 01:18 PM

110 mph and grinning!

Took my 97 Box out this morning early while it was still cool to drive to my office and back before church. I just needed to pop in and feed my fish and come right back home to pick up the wife and head off again.

Two weeks ago I had the front subframe pulled back into alignment by a body shop and felt it was safe (or should I say safer?) to take it up and see what it would do.

Since the top was down, I decided not to drive faster than 110 because that was actually quite fast for the sparse traffic on the freeway I was on and the secondary fact that I didn't have my radar detector in the car. I was passing cars and pickups on the freeway that were clipping along at 75 as if they were parked.

I am sure glad I went to church, because I had a lot of confessing to do... if one had to buy confessions, I think I would be broke owning this car with these costs including the maintenance and fuel expenses!
:dance: :dance: :dance:

Brucelee 05-22-2005 01:28 PM

Well, if God didn't want you to drive fast, he would have never let a guy named Porsche have a car company!!!!!

:cheers:

Adam 05-22-2005 01:38 PM

^Amen brother :)

RandallNeighbour 05-22-2005 02:15 PM

Wow. It's like going to an internet-based Porsche church service. I think we're on to something here. Any more "online confessions"?

We offer absolution from any speeding you may have done in recent memory.

[This is gonna be one VERY long forum thread, huh?]

Brucelee 05-22-2005 03:02 PM

BTW- I am a ordained minister (got it on the INET) and I can give you absolution if you feel you really need it!!! :cheers: !

eslai 05-22-2005 10:48 PM

My fastest time from San Diego (North County) to West Los Angeles is one hour and fifteen minutes. :o I should be in jail right now...

Brucelee 05-23-2005 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eslai
My fastest time from San Diego (North County) to West Los Angeles is one hour and fifteen minutes. :o I should be in jail right now...

That is very fast! Where are you in North County?

Perfectlap 05-23-2005 09:17 AM

Newark airport to Lower Manhattan in 9 minutes early one weekend morning. That's about 17 miles.
(well getting through the Holland tunell actually took five minutes)

That's a 45- 1 hour commute if taken by train.

RandallNeighbour 05-23-2005 09:32 AM

If I am doing my math right, that's an average speed of 113 mph. Yikes! I've been on those freeways... they're busy 24/7.

eslai 05-23-2005 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brucelee
That is very fast! Where are you in North County?

I used to live in Encinitas/La Costa so I do all my timing from La Costa Avenue on I-5. From there to...I forget the exit off I-10, near Westwood, it took me literally one hour and fifteen minutes about a month ago in my Eclipse. I was, uh... late for a date. :D

Was driving between 105-125 the whole way.... Yes. I'm an ****************************. :( But yes, amazingly there wasn't any traffic. It was 7:00PM on a Friday.