Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #1

can i drive with longer wheel bolts?

I dont think that it would make a difference but..... I have 7mm spacers with 52 mm bolts. I am plan on removing them and returning to OEM - 45mm, however I can not find the OEM bolt KEY. Can I use the longer bolts WITH OUT the spacers? If not, does anyone want to sell me a key or 4 normal OEM bolts?

Thanks,
James

Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley

Last edited by jhandy; 11-08-2010 at 08:11 PM.
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:42 AM   #2

Garage
Do not use the extended bolts on the rear ! The additional length (even just 7mm) will likely protrude into the e-brake assembly and damage the spring attachments. In turn, this will cause the e-brake assembly to come apart and fall against the rotor. In addition to hearing an awful "dragging" sound, there will be a continuos clicking noise that will increase with speed . This is caused by the extended bolt constantly getting hung up on the spring attachments during each wheel rotation. Needless to say, I learned this from experience.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:24 AM   #3

studs

Johnny is right, I have some extra OEM studs if you need them I'm in San antonio

Fred
goldsc_78258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:25 AM   #4

If you want regular size bolts, I have a set you could buy for cheap (although shipping might be pricey) Contact me via PM if interested
renzop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:49 PM   #5

sapcers

Just a question as I would like to install spacers on my OEM wheel.Is there a reason why you are removing them that would discourage me from installing them.thanks

lahalte is offline   Reply With Quote