Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #1

Stopped working ?

Hi all and thanks for letting me into your world.
Just got my first Boxster back from Paintshop and while it was away the battery shut down.
Here's my problem after new battery,Both luggage switch won't opperate, i checked C3 fuse but all OK, So i was wondering if there is some sort of lock system stopping me from opening the luggage compartment.
Any help most thanked..Newby

jell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #2

Depending on the year there are a few ways to open trunks when battery is dead. The earlier cars ('97-'99) had a hidden wire to pull. It was under the wheel arch liner on the passenger side (US cars). On later models there is a pull out terminal in the fuse panel. It has a picture of an open front trunk lid. Connect the positive terminal form a donor battery to the terminal in the fuse box. Connect the negative terminal of the donor battery to the door latch striker. Unlock the trunk with the switch. The alarm system will probably sound. Recharge battery.

There are other methods; search on the internet.
bluturq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #3

I think he's saying he's already successfully replaced the battery, but now cannot get into his frunk & trunk.

Does the Boxster lock out the operation of these switches when the handbrake is released? I've never tried.

-james

'01 Boxster S, 51k miles
'05 Mazda 6 Grand Touring Wagon
yimmy149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #4

Yep car is up and running fine i have both luggage doors open but while checking everthing was working i came accross both switches dont make the noise that says there going to open when i fully close the front and rear luggage doors.!998 on R reg.thanks

jell is offline   Reply With Quote