Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2003, 12:20 PM   #21

I give up with pictures. You should be able to see them here.

http://forum.boxa.net/index.php?act=ST&f=13&t=1144&s=

Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 11:07 AM   #22

Just saw on the Becker board a rear speaker kit may be out in 2-3 months. If it comes true perhaps they will put in better speakers. Jeff

http://members4.boardhost.com/beckerboard/msg/4106.html
Old 04-02-2003, 12:49 PM   #23
Unregistered

Rear speakers

I am in the same quandry as I am building my own system from the parts rather than doing the whole kit. My idea is to use 4 2-way speakers rather than the Becker full range units. I hope to get better highs this way without having to add a tweeter. So far I had a snag as the JBL GTO325's were too large for the bracket. I just ordered some Rockford Fosgate 3" speakers that should fit. Iwill let you know how it turns out. Jamey at Paris Audio uses (1) 3.5" Eclipse 2-way speaker per side and says it sounds much better than stock. I would hope two 2-ways per side(even if in parallel) would sound even better.
Old 04-07-2003, 07:37 PM   #24

Finally getting around to posting the pictures of my tweeter installation. Spacer block/mezzanine was required to get enough space to mount these small (just 2" Dia.) tweeters and clear other features in the area. There is not enough clearance to mount directly to the divider panel at the same level as the factory drivers.

Bigger/better tweeters would be an even greater challenge!
donv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 01:56 PM   #25

Smile Tweeter Happiness...

Had to take the car with me to work today... perfect day with temps into the upper 70s/low 80s - first ride of this season. (Gotta love New England - possibility of snow forecasted for Thursday.)

Well, back to the subject: had a chance to try out the new tweeters with the top down and the volume up -- sounded great! It may be that there is a threshold value before they really pick up, but they sounded much better than when I'd tried them at lower volume in the garage with the top up. Just wanted to pass on the good news.
Old 04-15-2003, 02:20 PM   #26

Talking If you didn't drive it today in MA, give up!

Don: I'm with you. I HAD to drive a client into Court in Boston today. I told him, look, the top goes down so put your sun glasses on and enjoy the drive. What a beautiful day. Client sat there wondering, what's up with my lawyer, blasting into Boston at 80+ and PermaGrin taking over. Wow!
William Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 01:50 PM   #27

test pic 61.3kb
Old 10-22-2003, 10:33 AM   #28

Cool Rear Speaker Kit available again

FYI, for those that may have been interested but disappointed when the kits stopped being available, it appears that they are available again. The actual ordering link at Suncoast is here, but they may be available from other sources as well.
Old 10-23-2003, 02:41 AM   #29

When I checked with my dealer 2 weeks ago there were 172 rear speaker kits in the US. The 'new' kit is the same old kit except now there is an extra part. An adapter for the amp if you have a 2003 with HiFi option. My local Boxster owner friend has the new kit. On a 2003 with HiFi the speakers are hooked up to the amp instead of the radio head. There is also a new TSB on how to install it. If my picture shows up this is the amp adapter.