Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 07:33 PM   #1

1099 Nonsense

Since it seems like many of you, like me, are business owners, I thought I'd mention the upcoming 1099 changes. As of 12/31/11, businesses will have to 1099 every company they purchase > $600 from. Staples, Office Depot, Kinkos, your ISP, your cell phone provider. If you're like me and you prepare your own 1099's, you have a nightmare to look forward to.

In other news, the IRS will also begin requiring "payment settlement entities" such as PayPal to begin filing form 1099-K, which I expect to demolish eBay, Craigslist, and all of the other really useful ways to find the things you need.

Thanks, Obama!

Old 10-20-2010, 12:33 AM   #2

it'll be repealed / amended. obama, dems and republicans all agree that it needs to be fixed but the dems and repubs were not able to agree to a fix yet.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycarreon
it'll be repealed / amended. obama, dems and republicans all agree that it needs to be fixed but the dems and repubs were not able to agree to a fix yet.
Yes, no maybe so... Yes, MOST recognize the fault and undue burden this will put on ALL businesses. It's "intent" was/is to help identify tax shortages on underreported income to help pay for utopian healthcare so we've been told. That being said, team O'Carter doesn't want it repealed or amended b/c it'll set a precedence for repealing/amending other parts of the ill-begotten bill... Thus why ALL the bums in Washington (Red, Blue, Green, Whatever) need thrown out ASAP and we need to start setting term limits.

and discuss....
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:45 AM   #4

Yes, yes, and if that dosen't work we can use our Red/White/Blue Boys...the Military to throw them out. That's what I call a Term Limit for the bumbs'....

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote