Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 11:58 PM   #1

Extra Switch

Can anybody steer me towards an OEM (or equivalent VW part) switch that I can fit into the dash of my 2002 Boxster. I have converted my fog lights to DRL's using LED (H7 base) lamps and I want the ability to turn them off if needed. Australian vehicles dont have a fog light relay so I have just bridged the fog light part of the headlight switch so that the fog lights are on without the parking lights being on. The only drawback is that the DRL's (fog Lights) are always on when ever the ignition is on - which is what DRL's are supposed to do, but I want to be able to turn them off. There is a blank piece directly adjacent to the headlight switch that would be ideal for an extra switch. I attempted to explain to and ask the local Porsche dealer for a switch but he needs a part number (of course), may as well have asked the local greengrocer. I need a rocker "ON OFF" type switch that is unmarked or marked with a light decal etc. Can anybody advise please.

Regards
pete from OZ

ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:56 AM   #2

Best Switch for this

The best one I've seen fits in the center stack and replaces one of the blanks that you'll have there. It's quite easy to wire things into that area. Here's a link to the Suncoast Parts (no affiliation) page that has it. The part number is contained in their "code".

Suncoast Dash Light Switch

EJ_2001_986_S is offline   Reply With Quote