Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 07:00 AM   #1

Smile GT3 MK1 part number?

I am replacing a factory "S" bumper (instead of repainting) and would like to upgrade to the GT3 MK1 bumper. I am having trouble identifying the correct part number for this bumper. The number that I came up with thru hours of research is 996.505.980.03 G2X. I got this from a Porsche Aerokit II installation manual. When I searched Pelican Parts with this number I get 996.505.980.02 G2X. The manual states that this the part number for the base model Boxster.

I would like to know if I'm on the right track with these numbers. Do both models use the same bumper and the center is cut out for the "S" model? Also, will the original "S" ducting behind the bumper work on the GT3 bumper?

thanx in advance

Old 09-12-2010, 07:51 AM   #2
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Don't quote me, but I believe you can source any of those part numbers, and it will still work for you because you can still just remove the center cutout blank in the base model's GT3 bumper to allow it to work with your S model 986. You can also source the GT3 bumper made for the early 996, which ends in 00 instead of 02 or 03.

And yes, I believe the GT3 bumper will work just fine with your existing ducting.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote