Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #1

dumb question ... which one is the low beam bulb?

Well theres two H7 bulbs, high beam and low beam on our boxsters. I put in a HID bulb and ran it to a ballast. I put it in the top position (which I assume is low beam). Did I put it in the right bulb hole or was it supposed to go in the lower hole? I tried the lights and they look yellow so I may have put it in the high beam hole but just want to make sure

porscheboxstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #2

well according to the manual you put it in the right spot,i had the same question also,i just recently installed an hid kit with a 35w ballast and the 5000k white light,
made an amazing difference as compared too the original halogen light bulbs, but i noticed that when i turned on my low beams i would get the white color along with
a very small noticeable yellow light coming from my high beam light bulb?
toolfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfan94
well according to the manual you put it in the right spot,i had the same question also,i just recently installed an hid kit with a 35w ballast and the 5000k white light,
made an amazing difference as compared too the original halogen light bulbs, but i noticed that when i turned on my low beams i would get the white color along with
a very small noticeable yellow light coming from my high beam light bulb?
I figured it out- theres a parking light in there that is yellow which negates most of the white color from the HID kit. Ugh ... kind of annoying but I guess it is what it is :dance:

porscheboxstah is offline   Reply With Quote