Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 09:07 AM   #1

Electrical (alarm?) weird issues

Hi,
Weirdest thing happened to me yesterday:
I pulled in to a gas station to fill the car up, did the usual routine, my wallet got 45$ lighter.. got back in the car put the key in, turn... and nothing.. no lights, no sounds it felt like battery was disconnected. I got the key out, tried again.. nothing..
Locked/unlocked the car.. it started and it's running great since then..

What's interesting about it.. my radio got all channels reset, and I'm getting about 10MPG now.. so all electronics definetely were reset.

I know it's not the battery, it's only 1 year old and it works now. I changed ignition switch a couple of month ago.. it should be still good.

My remote key stopped working about 2 weeks ago.. just stopped and nothing can bring it back. I tried batteries, resseting the counter (turning the key on, taking it out and pressing unlock)

Did this happens to anyone else? Any ideeas what this could mean?

Thanks
Sasha

PS: There is no water under the seat either, car is always garaged at home and at work.

sasha055 is offline   Reply With Quote