Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 11:21 AM   #1

Wheel crest

Probably a dumb question. (I'm not proud!) Had the Porsche crest fall off one of my wheels. What's the best adhesive to re-attach it? Gorilla Glue??

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:29 AM   #2

either some JB Weld epoxy (not the regular JB weld metal stuff ), loctite superglue or 3M trim adhesive - the black goop not the foam tape. Personally, I'd steer away from Gorilla Glue due to the expansion/oozing it typically does.

You're not the first person either that's had this happen
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #3

I got a set of very nice caps from ebay for $39 recently as mine were faded and missing the clear fill in places. I can't vouch for their longevity but they look great new.
Wret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:39 AM   #4

I had the same thing happen last year and went through Pelican Parts and bought a new one. The local dealership would only sell them to me in a set of 4 at $400!!! I was able to buy one from Pelican and I think it was somewhere around $70.

2013 Lexus IS350awd
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2004 Porsche Boxster S
tnoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnoice
I had the same thing happen last year and went through Pelican Parts and bought a new one. The local dealership would only sell them to me in a set of 4 at $400!!! I was able to buy one from Pelican and I think it was somewhere around $70.
Wow, those things are crazy expensive. But I guess I should have explained more thoroughly: I didn't lose the one that fell off...I was washing the wheels and it just fell off. Guess I got lucky
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:26 PM   #6

+ 1 on the JB Weld, although I used the original metal formula as that's what I had on hand.

I did use a utility knife to score a hatch pattern into the (hidden) mating surfaces to give the "glue" something to hold onto.