Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #1

Underbody Tray Gone, big trip Monday

Put my 99 Boxster up on my lift tonight, and huh, look at that, entire engine is exposed along with trans. Not sure if it was left off by mistake at last service or if it came off down the road.

Either way, I'm leaving Monday to drive from Colorado, to California for the historic's at Laguna Seca. How concerned should I be doing a week long trip 3500ish miles without it?

Road Debri hiting bottom of motor would be my main concern, but what about rain on exhaust ect.

Ferg

ferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferg
Put my 99 Boxster up on my lift tonight, and huh, look at that, entire engine is exposed along with trans. Not sure if it was left off by mistake at last service or if it came off down the road.

Either way, I'm leaving Monday to drive from Colorado, to California for the historic's at Laguna Seca. How concerned should I be doing a week long trip 3500ish miles without it?

Road Debri hiting bottom of motor would be my main concern, but what about rain on exhaust ect.

Ferg
There are 3 trays, they go from the front of the car to just in front of the engine. It sounds like your car is fine.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #3

I swore there was a tray that covered the belly of the motor ect when I did the PPI with my wrench, I guess I could be wrong. Going to search some google pics now.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:59 PM   #4

Huh, guess I was wrong, or I remembered a different porsche he had up on the lift duing PPI time, I'm good, the tray in front is in tact, no more capt and coke while working on the car for me