986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Boxster throttle body questions... 2000 S (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/25635-boxster-throttle-body-questions-2000-s.html)

petersen_cl 08-03-2010 02:16 PM

Boxster throttle body questions... 2000 S

So I had something strange happen with my S today. I drove it to work and parked it, when got in to come home i started it and the idle went nuts... from stalling and dash lights coming on to 1200 RPM... I let it do this for a minute then it smoothed out slightly. After the idle smoothed out a bit I went to drive the car and the gas pedal didn't work at all... no throttle. Now when I start the car there is a grinding sound intermittently and the rough idle issue is still present. Any ideas?

blue2000s 08-03-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petersen_cl
So I had something strange happen with my S today. I drove it to work and parked it, when got in to come home i started it and the idle went nuts... from stalling and dash lights coming on to 1200 RPM... I let it do this for a minute then it smoothed out slightly. After the idle smoothed out a bit I went to drive the car and the gas pedal didn't work at all... no throttle. Now when I start the car there is a grinding sound intermittently and the rough idle issue is still present. Any ideas?

The first thing to do, whenever you have a problem with the car, is to check for engine codes.

petersen_cl 08-04-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

"So I had something strange happen with my S today. I drove it to work and parked it, when got in to come home i started it and the idle went nuts... from stalling and dash lights coming on to 1200 RPM... I let it do this for a minute then it smoothed out slightly. After the idle smoothed out a bit I went to drive the car and the gas pedal didn't work at all... no throttle. Now when I start the car there is a grinding sound intermittently and the rough idle issue is still present. Any ideas?"

Originally Posted by petersen_cl

The first thing to do, whenever you have a problem with the car, is to check for engine codes.

There are no engine codes... thats why I didn't include any in the description. I have figured out the rough idle issue. However, the throttle still doesn't work.

petersen_cl 08-08-2010 12:04 PM

I'm still struggling with this. I key the car on and the butterfly actuates during the 'electric checkout' right after i key on. however when the car is running there is still no throttle actuation. Additionally I removed the throttle body and pedal position sensor. I checked PWG1 and PWG2 both varied from approximately 1-2000 ohms. The motor circuit on the throttle body also varied in a similar range when the butterfly was moved.