986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   issues buying from Cheetah Online (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/25437-issues-buying-cheetah-online.html)

slik22 07-15-2010 04:14 AM

issues buying from Cheetah Online

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

I purchased an underdrive pulley from Cheetah Online on June 14th and not only did I not get the pulley (nor was it ever sent), they no longer return any of my e-mails.

I have since filed a complaint with Paypal.

The reason I am posting this is because I don't want anyone else to lose their hard earned money like I just did!

I also think that Cheetah is a member on this forum.

Thanks.

:mad:

blue2000s 07-15-2010 05:17 AM

Good luck with paypal, they've been useless in every dispute I've had. They side with the seller by default. If I ever pay with paypal now, I always use a credit card.

landrovered 07-15-2010 05:30 AM

X2 on Paypal

You fill out the complaint forms and then before you even finish clicking the send button you recieve the verdict. DENIED. I did however speak to a Paypal rep on the phone that told me to click the request money button and request the amount in dispute from the seller. This did help to get me results becuase the shoe was on the other foot then.

gschotland 07-15-2010 07:59 AM

A vendor having no contact info on their site besides an email link is always a warning sign to me.

Paying by credit card through PayPal gives you extra protection. At least you'll get satisfaction from your CC company, who will deny the charge.

If you pay by "instant transfer" from your PayPal balance or via a link to your bank account, you should be covered by PayPal if the vendor doesn't deliver. A few months ago I came close to finding out the hard way that if you send a payment as a "gift" so the receiver doesn't have to pay a ~3% fee, your payment is NOT covered. When I called PayPal because I thought I'd been scammed, I got virtually zero information from them. It was infuriating. I still use them but as little as possible.

Why not buy your pulley from Jake at Flat6? You know it'll be a quality piece and you'll be doing a little to support a forum sponsor who's shared a hell of a lot of valuable information with us.

blinkwatt 07-15-2010 08:11 AM

Whenever I use Paypal I pay via credit card. If anyone pulls any funny stuff with the product I just call up my CC company,reverse charge,simple as that.

chaudanova 07-15-2010 03:20 PM

interesting... he's a board member on here...

Wingnut2u 07-15-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landrovered
X2 on Paypal

You fill out the complaint forms and then before you even finish clicking the send button you recieve the verdict. DENIED. I did however speak to a Paypal rep on the phone that told me to click the request money button and request the amount in dispute from the seller. This did help to get me results becuase the shoe was on the other foot then.

I have had several ebay transaction go bad and each time paypal refunded my money without any problems. As a matter of fact they were almost instant refunds. I guess I am one of the lucky few.

slik22 07-19-2010 03:31 AM

still no pulley

to the top