Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 04:56 PM   #1

Garage
Houston area Boxster Drivers

Hey guy's looking too get together the Houston area folks to have a nice ride before it gets too damn hot and humid.

Randall Neighbour and I had drove the twists up around Magnolia in the past and it was a blast.

I will be up to hosting an after run BBQ afterwards here in the Kingwood area if anyone is interested.

Please reply and post a weekend you would be up for it.

boxster6354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #2

We're gonna have to keep bumping this thread for a couple of weeks so all the Houston area folks will get to read it.

I'm open the next three weekends (sadly). The only thing I like doing more than driving my car is making a living, which I do on weekends
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:11 PM   #3

sigh...I'll be visiting my family in Houston the week of May 17th. Sadly, my boxster will be sitting in San Fran though.
Tranlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:26 AM   #4

PCA Event

PCA has an event "Wings and Wheels" at the Hobby Airport this Saturday the 15th. I will be going to that if anybody wants to meet somewhere and drive out together let me know.
97 Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:14 AM   #5

hey i live in League City and i may be able to go to the wings and wheels. What time does it start, end? Im having people over that evening so im afraid i wouldnt be able to stay very late I just got my Boxster and would love to meet some other people from the area. thanks, Jonathan
rabidewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:23 AM   #6

http://www.lsrpca.com/linked_docs/misc_events/100515%20Wings%20and%20Wheels.pdf

I FOUND THIS LINK WHICH SHOWS TIMES, THANKS GUYS I THINK I CAN PROBABLY MAKE IT!
rabidewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #7

Tran, if you want to see my car I am sure I could find you where you are staying in Houston... as long as you have a cold beer waiting for me
Old 05-10-2010, 07:58 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidewok
hey i live in League City and i may be able to go to the wings and wheels. What time does it start, end? Im having people over that evening so im afraid i wouldnt be able to stay very late I just got my Boxster and would love to meet some other people from the area. thanks, Jonathan

Send me your email and I will forward the message sent to me for more details. Starts at 10am. It will only last a few hours so you should be fine on the time. I am bringing my 8yo son with me.

This will be my first Texas event since moving here so all in attendance will be new to me. Weather permitting for me. I wont be out if the weather doesnt allow for top down driving. Hope to see you there.

Last edited by 97 Boxster; 05-10-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #9

what is that thing thats sitting on top of the softtop, right behind the seats? is it some sort of speaker pods?
Trey T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:33 PM   #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey T
what is that thing thats sitting on top of the softtop, right behind the seats? is it some sort of speaker pods?
http://www.iwantaporsche.net/images/box9.JPG

Those are his James Bond canon launchers, unfortunate Randall has mounted them backwards.

Actually Boxster humps, you can find them on eBay and of course other locations.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:27 PM   #11

I am in Houston as well, let me know the details on wings and wheels. I am also up for a drive on a weekend.
juan986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:55 AM   #12

Haaa I'm a little tempted Randall, though I think I'd be too envious not having mine there. Beer sounds good right about now though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Tran, if you want to see my car I am sure I could find you where you are staying in Houston... as long as you have a cold beer waiting for me
Old 05-12-2010, 06:44 AM   #13

Tran, I've met up with forum members all over the country when I was in their area, and I didn't have my car with me. It's great fun to put a face with a screen name, shake their hand, and see their cars. I've gotten a bunch of good ideas from them too.

Consider it if you have a half hour to spare when you're here. My schedule is wide open these days due to the lousy economy, so if it's not pouring down rain, I will drive to wherever you are to meet you if you like.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:49 AM   #14

Garage
Looks like we will be having thunderstorms this weekend

But again when is the weather ever predicted here correctly?

Do not think the Wings-Wheels will be doable for myself, but always up to drive and meet a beer.... I mean member ;-) and of course Randall (who I owe some decals and bolts to)

Let me know
Old 05-12-2010, 08:56 AM   #15

Travis, they are getting much better at predicting weather, but their predictions are spot on within 12 hours' time and iffy any time earlier than that.

I would definitely not go to the wings and wheels thing if it's raining or looks like it's about to rain. I have the humps on the car and the top down and I'm not changing that out to drive somewhere in the pouring rain... even though I now have new tires!

(thanks again, btw)

We should plan a drive for the Saturday afterward.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:57 AM   #16

I would like to be there as well but I am out if the weather doesnt change. I am in the same boat as Randall and if I cant drive with the top down I dont want to make the trip.

Hopefully we can all meet up soon.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:45 PM   #17

Hmmm... alright Randall. I'll take you up on the offer. My flight arrives in Houston next Tuesday and I should be staying at either downtown or Jersey Village. PM me your number and I'll hit you up.

tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Tran, I've met up with forum members all over the country when I was in their area, and I didn't have my car with me. It's great fun to put a face with a screen name, shake their hand, and see their cars. I've gotten a bunch of good ideas from them too.

Consider it if you have a half hour to spare when you're here. My schedule is wide open these days due to the lousy economy, so if it's not pouring down rain, I will drive to wherever you are to meet you if you like.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:47 PM   #18

Just looked up the weather and it looks like the first sunny day will be the Saturday after I arrive. You free then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranlm
Hmmm... alright Randall. I'll take you up on the offer. My flight arrives in Houston next Tuesday and I should be staying at either downtown or Jersey Village. PM me your number and I'll hit you up.

tran
Old 05-14-2010, 05:44 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 Boxster
I would like to be there as well but I am out if the weather doesnt change. I am in the same boat as Randall and if I cant drive with the top down I dont want to make the trip.

Hopefully we can all meet up soon.

OK now the weather looks to hold out until the afternoon. I will play it by ear but as of 8:44am today I will be going tomorrow unless I see some drastic changes in the forecast. Hope to see some Houston folks there.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:58 AM   #20

97 boxster, I'm betting it will be pouring down rain at the show so I won't be going. HOWEVER, I'd love to see your car since we both have 97's. We should create our own meet and greet thing soon for Houston area boxster owners.