Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 03:37 AM   #1

Open window, rubber folds in and gets stuck

Hello, I am having this small issue when I roll down the windows. The window does not slide down freely, the rubber seal on the door folds in getting trapped between the same rubber and the window. The window goes down, but the motor works harder to overcome the extra fiction. When opening the window the rubber return to its original state. Any suggestion?

edbelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:03 AM   #2

Mine did that but only sometimes.

I just cleaned it really well. It's catching, try lots of cleaning window and maybe get something inside that lip on the plastic that is folding ...

Some small amount of lubricant would probably stop it but also will smudge the window.... Maybe just a super small amount? Just an idea
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #3

Try Rainx!!!

I would try RainX on the inside and outside.....it makes the windows super slippery.....I can hear the window motor run "easier" when I put it on.....
Dar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:11 AM   #4

that's a great idea.... $5 says that does the trick! the rain-x will make the window slippery...and likely your entire problem is jsut that as the plastic has aged, it is more prone to grabbing/binding on the window.... the rainx will help it slip...
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:31 PM   #5

thx guys, that is a great idea, I was thinking of a lubricant for the window (say wax or sylicone) but RainX is an excellent idea.

edbelton is offline   Reply With Quote