Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 06:33 PM   #1

Sat radio through Droid in my car

Just wanted to share my latest purchase... I previously bought an ipod cable from iwirep.com and have had 0 problems with it connecting and charging my 3rd gen nano..
I recently bought a HTC Incredible through verizon which comes with a free subscription to Slacker radio. Since the phone has a 3.5mm headphone plug, I bought a female ipod connector from ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/iPod-Female-3-5-Male-AUX-Extension-Cable-4FT-IPD2JK-/400113626231?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d28a16c77) and now I have sat radio in the car.
The other cool thing about it, is that if you have it plugged in and someone calls, their voice comes through the speakers and they can hear you fine while driving.
I have a 00 S btw without the 6disk changer

Just wanted to share...
Jake

Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:38 AM   #2

Pandora radio is another decent one (and free), I have a blackberry with pandora app running over the 3.5mm into the aux input on my Alpine.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:56 AM   #3

Pretty cool. too bad I have an Iphone.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:23 AM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
Pretty cool. too bad I have an Iphone.
Why too bad? I have an iPhone and I do have Sirius Satellite on it, connected to my CDR-220 unit. It works perfectly.

CR
crod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:25 AM   #5

works perfectly through AT&T? (I'm guessing you got grandfathered into the unlimited plan).
Old 06-09-2010, 07:29 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
works perfectly through AT&T? (I'm guessing you got grandfathered into the unlimited plan).
Oh I am in Canada. We use Rogers here, not AT&T. I am on a 6GB plan for $30 a month and does the trick for me. Of course I do not listen to Satellite Radio 24/7.

CR
crod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:42 AM   #7

ahh...no such luck over here. Streaming anything on AT&T is going to be a gamble with your monthly bill going forward. Two weeks ago I purchased an Ipad 3G as gift for a relative to who is computer illiterate. Luckily I went for the unlimited plan right before they pulled the plug on that option. Apple does funny things.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:20 PM   #8

Quote:
ahh...no such luck over here. Streaming anything on AT&T is going to be a gamble with your monthly bill going forward. Two weeks ago I purchased an Ipad 3G as gift for a relative to who is computer illiterate. Luckily I went for the unlimited plan right before they pulled the plug on that option. Apple does funny things.
(totally not thread related, but) if you have the unlimited plan now, you'll continue to keep the unlimited plan unless you want to add tethering to your iphone plan or you're a new iphone purchaser.

if you have an iPhone 3g/3gs and upgrade to the iPhone 4, you'll be able to keep the unlimited plan - again unless you add tethering or downgrade to the 250mb plan.

you'll keep unlimited data on the iPad, providing you purchased it before june 6 and don't let your data plan lapse.

finally, the new plan is not iPhone specific - at&t is rolling it out across all smartphone plans. if you want data with a smartphone on at&t, you'll be stuck with the new caps / prices. it's not apple's call - it's at&t's call.