986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Good joke to play in the Boxster... (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/2472-good-joke-play-boxster.html)

Porschekid 04-12-2005 09:17 AM

Good joke to play in the Boxster...

Take someone out in your Boxster who isn't too familiar with cars (mainly Porsches of course). Pull to the side of the road as if something feels wrong or you broke down. At this point pop the hood and act like you are looking for a problem. Then start bringing stuff out or tossing items and act like "What the hell is this doing in here?" Before hand you must stock the front trunk with many silly items such as old rags, balloons, pieces of metal, shoes, anything funny. The confused look on the passenger's face will be priceless. Nothing can beat the reaction from "Here is the problem!" and bringing your cat Whiskers from the trunk. :D

Note: If they think it is rear engine this could possibly work in the back too but may be a littler harder to pull off.

Adam 04-12-2005 09:47 AM

LOL, that is funny and doable too. I take my car to some local car shows around here in some rural towns. Most people here have never seen a newer Porsche. I pop both the trunks and just sit back and watch. They go to the front and look kinda puzzled, then they go to the back and look really puzzled. Usually in a Southern twang they ask me "where the motor at." One person even asked me lol "is this one of them electric cars." It's great.

Perfectlap 04-12-2005 10:35 AM

its not just rural people. I asked the salesman at the Acura dealer I bought my Boxster(it was a trade in) to open the engine cover. He looked around for about five minutes in the trunk until he admitted he didn't know how to show it to me. He looked pretty emabarassed. Luckily here in NJ we have a 6 month powertrain warranty on previously owned cars. I took down to my local Porsche dealer and they charged me $90 for a top to bottom inspection. The first and only time I think I'll ever buy a car without actually seeing the engine.

graybeard 04-12-2005 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap
its not just rural people. I asked the salesman at the Acura dealer I bought my Boxster(it was a trade in) to open the engine cover. He looked around for about five minutes in the trunk until he admitted he didn't know how to show it to me. He looked pretty emabarassed. Luckily here in NJ we have a 6 month powertrain warranty on previously owned cars. I took down to my local Porsche dealer and they charged me $90 for a top to bottom inspection. The first and only time I think I'll ever buy a car without actually seeing the engine.

Can't be a real Porsche. Don't have a motor.

Lux 04-12-2005 04:05 PM

:D :D :D

That is a great prank.

-