Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2005, 03:08 PM   #1

Question Help - airbag warning light and radio code

Q#1
I just got my boxster back after having some minor paintwork done, but to complete it they had to disconnect the drivers side air bag. After I left I noticed going down the road that the warning indicator was on solid and would not go off after the initial startup. I called the shop and they said they would try to figure out how to fix this on Monday, but he said he was not sure why it did this because they disconnected the battery. Any ideas of how I can reset the light.

Q#2
Also, the radio displays the message of WAIT instead of asking for the radio code. Once again, any ideas.

I tried disconnecting the battery, but maybe I need to leave it off for longer. I left it off about 15 minutes or so.
Thanks in advance for any help.

porscheguy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:41 PM   #2

Talking

On the radio, you need the radio code to reset the unit. This happens every time your battery is disconnected or runs dead.

You should have this code in your owner materials. If not, take it to local dealer for reset and retain the code for future use.

On air bag light, speak with dealer, I have no idea!
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:27 PM   #3

With regards to the radio, I know what you are referring to. Every other time the battery has been disconnected, the first time I power up the radio it will ask for the radio code, but this time al it says is WAIT and will not allow me to enter the code.
porscheguy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:55 PM   #4

Talking

Hmm.

I had a dead radio that said wait once. Hope that is not what you are dealing with.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote