986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   new boxster S (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/2399-new-boxster-s.html)

scycle2020 03-31-2005 04:16 PM

new boxster S

went in today, redrove the 05 boxster s and the 911... liked the boxster better,,better handling and almost as fast, great engine sound ,steering feel,just a blast to drive..so i bought it!!! got a reasonable deal, end of the month, 4k off a 57k car....seal gray...love it so far...keep in mind i just sold my 360 spider..i think the new bosxter handles as well...not quite as fast but lighter and more nimble...cant wait until the 2k break in period is over so i cango above 4 k rpm...i will post pics when i get som e good lighting....

Brucelee 03-31-2005 06:46 PM

Welcome to out forum. Best of luck with you new Box!

:cheers: :dance:

PAH 04-01-2005 02:43 AM

Just out of interest, why did you get rid of the 360 spider?

I've been considering one for a while, but it's still a bit out of my price range. Just wonder what they are like to live with.

Perfectlap 04-01-2005 07:28 AM

Just went to the NYC auto show yesterday and the Porsche section seemed to have big crowd. The 05 Boxster was stickered at $43K. Lot's of surprise by on-lookers at that 'low' price.
THe 911's didn't seem to be as popular as the Boxster. They had a really nice Seal Gray Boxster with Cocoa(?) Brown top and interior.
I just noticed that the 997 and 987 have completely different headlights.
The 997 have full round headlighst (uggg) and the Boxster has a tear drop-like shape.
Interesting that they kept the 05 Turbos with the 04 headlights.
The 05 Turbo Cabriolet looks pretty bad ass with the top up.

I'm off to a focus group I was asked to participate in for Motorsports enthusiasts/sports car owners for a advertising/new media company called RazorFish. Its for the Ford/Volvo/Aston Martin group. $100 to talk about
racing and cars :)

scycle2020 04-01-2005 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAH
Just out of interest, why did you get rid of the 360 spider?

I've been considering one for a while, but it's still a bit out of my price range. Just wonder what they are like to live with.

3 reasons 1. money 2.money 3. i couldnt afford to keep it...but seriously, i always wanted a ferrari since i was a kid..so with some creative financing and a home equity loan, i bought a used 02 360 spider, 6 speed, with a tubi exhaust,...red with tan interior...was a blast to drive, great engine sound, beautiful work of italian art..it was fun at first, i felt like a movie star with all the attension i got...but the problem was, i wasnt a movie star!!!! its a very reliable exotic car, easy to drive, no problems with it...much better than the old ferraris...but you still are always worried about jparking it, getting a scratch, hit a pot hole.. all potential diassters in a ferrari...so i had it for a year , got it out of system, and sold it before the prices start dropping further, which i think they will in the next few years....the new boxster s is 90% as fun to drive, at 25% of thecost, without all the attention and paranoia of having a f car...i feel lucky to havae owned one, and gotten out before losing my shirt....porsches are much more practical sports car that can be driven to your hearts content...

Perfectlap 04-01-2005 11:07 AM

I think that 360 may become a collector's Ferrari.
The new version is ugly.
I think the 360 Spyder is one of the most beautiful cars ever made.
Very simple yet stunning design.

how much did you sell the 360 for in UK?

dennizxxx 04-01-2005 11:38 AM

any pictures of the 360..???