986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   IS this the only boxter forums/ (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/23839-only-boxter-forums.html)

heatfan5 02-27-2010 06:49 PM

IS this the only boxter forums/

Is there another boxster forums. This one is dead... and I have a 986 2006 anyway

nola911 02-27-2010 07:48 PM

2006 986??

heatfan5 02-28-2010 12:59 AM

i meant to say 987

stephen wilson 02-28-2010 02:36 AM

Sure there are others, but I find this one more active than most.

Renntech.org , PPBB.com , pelicanparts.com, babblers.org , planet-9.com , 6speedonline.com

Boxtaboy 02-28-2010 02:59 AM

If you think this Boxster forum is inactive, you should visit Rennlist. Lol. About the only active posts you'll see on there is from the PedalPusher. :D

Johnny Danger 02-28-2010 06:08 AM

Certain that it is, the Planet-9 site clearly caters more to the 987 crowd than this one.
However, calling this site "dead" is patently false. In fact, being a member of virtually every Porsche forum out there, I can think of no better place to "toil" and share one's experiences with other 986 owners than this one.

rick3000 02-28-2010 06:22 AM

I agree with what has been said, and while this forum is not as active as it has been in the past and certainly gets more going on in the summer (when less Boxsters are in storage), it is far from dead. Just look at all the responses you are getting.

A google search will turn up plenty of boxster forums: boxa, rennlist, renntech, pelicanparts, ppbb, 6speedonline, babblers, etc. However, this forum is easily the best one. :cheers:

ChrisZang 02-28-2010 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heatfan5
Is there another boxster forums. This one is dead... and I have a 986 2006 anyway

What a class act:
* has 4 posts
* can't spell
* doesn't know what car he has
* and starts his 4th post with bashing this forum

Go somewhere else buddy!

Boxtaboy 02-28-2010 06:49 AM

He's just mad cause we didn't like his taste in ricer tail lights. :D

landrovered 02-28-2010 07:09 AM

I say don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

eightsandaces 02-28-2010 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heatfan5

I love Porsche cars but..........

When I had my 944, it was maligned by other car marques as underpowered and weak, conquest TSI used to brag about being faster to sixty. Then the Porsche - o-philes would break your balls for being a four banger, water cooled, not a real Porsche, well anyone who owned one knows the rest.

When I bought my Boxster, I was excited to tell everyone on the 944 blog, much to my surprise, many said I was an idiot, it's not going to be any faster, it's a bad move..

Then you own the Boxster and the 911 boys give you the, it's the "entry level" it's underpowered, it's water cooled, wheel of fortune explosion machine..

Now the final indignity, on top of what you just read, my car is a POS because it was manufactured in 1998, everyone knows that they are only cool from 2006 & up, DAMMIT!. Oh and it's one of the Finland cars, so I'm a poser....

:)

unklekraker 02-28-2010 08:14 AM

WOW! Really? joined this month and has 3 post prior to the 4th one which is to bashed this forum :eek:

:ah: sad, really sad....I hope you find the perfect forum to meet your needs and when you do, please do tell us...that is if you find one :D :D :D

Yoadrian 02-28-2010 08:16 AM

This is the second car forum I have ever been a part of and I just joined. I used to own a Cobalt SS and was a member over at CobaltSS.net.

From my brief experience here, this is a much more mature crowd who provides informative information. This site doesn't seem dead to me, they're just aren't a bunch of youngsters insulting each other and creating arguments. The threads/topics here are of substance and there is not a lot of clutter to get through to find what you are looking for.

:cheers:

landrovered 02-28-2010 08:27 AM

I regularly monitor over ten car forums.

I see all kinds, my favorite is Dweb for hard core Land Rover owners. It is completely un moderated and closely resembles the day after the French revolution. Lots of flames, lots of foul language and the beauty of it is that it is a self regulating community that works really really well. If you post BS you will be called to the carpet so fast it will make your head swim. After 3500+ posts I love the place and it has ruined me for most other forums, I have to really try to remember that other forums are not the same. The quality of technical accumen there is superb because all the posers have been run off long ago.

I like this forum and am enjoying getting to know the folks here. If I come off a bit harsh I apologize in advance, I come from a tough internet neighborhood.

jmatta 02-28-2010 08:56 AM

IS this the only boxter forums/

Troll...can't even spell the Boxster name!

Oh yeah, those ricer tail lights really suck...I was being polite in my first post on them.

ekam 02-28-2010 01:14 PM

WHITE LED TAIL LIGHT = 20HP!

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...sters/RICE.jpg

NWI Bill 02-28-2010 03:16 PM

Probably some Troll just trying to stir things up.

I really enjoy this Forum. I'm on several Porsche Forums but this one is the best if you own a 986/987 Boxster. The other Forums primarily focus on 911s. And Boxsters do get bashed a lot on other Forums even though most car experts agree the Boxster and the Cayman are the most balanced.

I used to be on the Solstice Forum when I owned one (sold it to buy the Boxster). It got to the point other there they never talked about the car anymore. Not much talk on modding except if you had the money to do a force air system, Turbo or SC.

Other than that it was all "pray for me" threads or some such thing as that.

I appreciate this forum. I've learned alot my car and what you can do to it without it busting your wallet thru this forum.

jbs986 02-28-2010 05:56 PM

I love this forum,this is My 4th post but I have been on this forum before I got My box,it will be a year this April and have got a lot of helpful info. on here.

Thanks, :)

Franco 02-28-2010 06:15 PM

And I have a 1997 987 Spider with retractable hardtop :p

Viper5 02-28-2010 07:54 PM

This is by far the most helpful boxster forum.