Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #1

Pittsburgh to San Diego

First, thank you members from S. Cal. who gave me suggestions about my trip. I have tweaked the schedule and feel better about the travels. I left Thursday and the snow came Friday, much to my wife's dismay. I have done the Corvette factory and museum in BG, the Grand Old Opry, Loretta Lynn's home, Graceland, and the Blues section of Memphis. I traveled across Arkansas today and am holed up in Oklahoma watching the SB. Tomorrow I head North a bit to Sapulpa and start my Rt. 66 trip. Ending up in San Diego sometime.

The car has been flawless. I have a 99 with 72K on it and I just bought it a few months ago. The mileage has been a real surprise, I have gone thru 2 tanks and both were a bit over 32 MPG. I am reading 4 MPH faster than my GPS reads at 70 so I may be off a bit, but even making the adjustment I am still over 30 MPG. The new tires, Continental DWS Extremes have worked great. 32 PSI in front, 35 in back. They seem quiet enough and no problems on cold wet roads. I get a little wind noise from the top, but not very much. I can't believe how comfortable the car is, I drive 6/7 hours and don't feel all beat up. The seats are really great.

My only complaint, and it is a small one, is the drivers arm rest. The hard plastic lid for the storage compartment seems to bother my elbow. Maybe I can take it off and get someone to pad and cover them.

Well, that's it so far, I realize I am only about 1/4th into the trip but "so far so good". BH

wmtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
Porscheectomy

The speedo is intentionally off on these cars. The car's computer knows the correct speed and odometer is accurate as long as you're on stock diameter tires.

blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote