Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 09:52 AM   #1

Opinion on Top Speed Pro-1 Exhaust??

anyone here have this exhaust?

I saw one thread where djlomas and another person bought an exhaust, and they referred to it by the same name - but the pics had different looking tips...could be same exhaust but the builder is using different exhaust tips...

I have a Pedro muffler, but am interesting in getting something louder/different.

I looked into this one as it is the cheapest one I can find - and it looks almost identical to the NHP setup.

I really don't want to drp almost $900 just for an NHP muffler, nor am I going to spend the money to get fabspeed....

my other alternative is to just sit/wait for something nice to pop up on the used market...

anyone hae an opnion on this exhaust?

is it the same as this one - referred to in this thread:

Top speed Pro-1 brand exhaust

2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:12 PM   #2

i would wait until a used GHL pops up on the market. They pop up quite frequently
2015 FIAT 500e "Nikki" my commuter car
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:19 PM   #3

Top Speed

There is someone on ebay selling what he says is Top Speed exhaust. He is asking $499. I heard that the Top Speed is very close to the loudness of a stock exhaust and few were diasppointed because of this. If anyone has heard one in person let us know.
DamageINC123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:32 PM   #4

Garage
Check out the Schnell Elite Exhaust from Vertex

So far I like mine. Once the weather clears up and I can get out I will post a sound clip and pix. The pix I am posting is off the web site, sorry not the best resolution.

Here is the link in case you want to look. One thing I liked about it is that it is two individual exhausts and each one hangs independently.

Price was $689.00

http://www.****************************************.com/ShowItem/274203%20Porsche%20Boxster%20Performance%20Muffler %20Set%20-%20Elite.aspx
rob76turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:00 AM   #5

23109VC...are you running just the Pedro exhaust or are there any other mods? I found my Box 3.2 was still a bit quiet with the mod, but then I installed Fabspeed secondary cat bypass pipes and the whole thing really opened up in a "good"way.

No resonance or obnoxious sounds...just sort of GT3RS sounding.
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:47 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob76turbo
So far I like mine. Once the weather clears up and I can get out I will post a sound clip and pix. The pix I am posting is off the web site, sorry not the best resolution.

Here is the link in case you want to look. One thing I liked about it is that it is two individual exhausts and each one hangs independently.

Price was $689.00

http://www.****************************************.com/ShowItem/274203%20Porsche%20Boxster%20Performance%20Muffler %20Set%20-%20Elite.aspx
I would love to upgrade the exhaust on my 02 2.7 for a little more sound and the dual tip look. I dd the crios mod and I like it, but it just makes me want more sound.
I have been thinking about getting a stock S muffler and doing the Pedro bypass (supposedly no drone), but the tips on the Schnell Elite look great!
Did you do just the muffler? Any drone (usually 2.5-3kRPMs, especially with the top up)?
I can't wait to see your pics and hear a sound clip!
Thanks.
MN 986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:31 AM   #7

my muffler is a stock "S" muffler with just the pedro mod done to it.

although - the way my muffler was done - the bypass pipes come OFF of the secondary pipes...so you can't upgrade to bypass pipes.. I got the muffler used off anothe rmember here...

you'd have to see my muffler..but essentially, the location where the bypass pipes join with the muffler inlets - right near there - is where the pedro tubes are welded...so my muffler is "married' to that set of secondaries... I could install some kind of secondary bypass pipes, but it would require all sorts of cutting and welding.

i believe the guy who sold me mymuffler ultimately removed/sold it for tha treason..he wanted bypass pipes so he upgraded to an NHP system..

i can't complain, i got hit muffler dirt cheap, it looks cool, and sounds okay. i just want something a bit louder...i may end up having to upgrade to something else..maybe NHP too? if I do that, i'll sell this one to someone else here who can give it a try.
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #8

Sorry I don't have a better picture, but it gives an idea of the modified muffler.
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamageINC123
There is someone on ebay selling what he says is Top Speed exhaust. He is asking $499. I heard that the Top Speed is very close to the loudness of a stock exhaust and few were diasppointed because of this. If anyone has heard one in person let us know.
I have the Top Speed exhaust and I only live a couple of miles away from their store. They are a stand up company and I would not be afraid to buy from them.

Sound-not much louder than stock but slightly throatier at WOT

Weight- significant weight savings over stock, can't remember the exact number.

If you want a loud exhaust, look elsewhere, if you are looking for weight savings with a slight improvement in sound than this is a good option

You might also do a search on this site for Deluboz or Che or Chi, they are all the same as Top Speed