986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Screwy option pricing for 987S (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/2357-screwy-option-pricing-987s.html)

longislander1 03-23-2005 06:46 PM

Screwy option pricing for 987S

I've put a question (not yet a complaint) about Porsche's screwy option pricing to my state attorney general's office. I can't ask Porsche, because there's no contact info on the site. (If I've missed it, please let me know.)

On the PCNA web site, the PCM/nav MSRP is $2,640. On my dealer's ordering system, it's $2,970.

The Bose/windstop combo is $1,900+ on the PCNA site, but if you order the two items separately, it's $1,325. Tonight, I saw a new Boxster S on the Brumos Porsche site that showed a sticker price of $1,185 for the combo.

We all know that the brochure says the automatic climate control is included, but the web site and the dealer say it's $550 extra.

Anyone here have other examples?

How can we possibly negotiate a percentage discount from MSRP if we don't know what the real MSRP is? I'll report back on what I find out regarding the law on MSRP here in NY.

No_Name 03-23-2005 07:24 PM

Their website shows PASM is standard on the Boxster S. We all know it is not true.

Link

longislander1 03-24-2005 03:12 AM

PSM is standard. PASM is optional and the site says it is an option, at least in the sections I saw.

No_Name 03-24-2005 08:25 AM

I know what you mean. In the section that describes the PASM, it indicates the PASM is an option. In the "exterior equipment" section though it is signified with an "s" for standard, on the Boxster S. Just click on the linky on my first post. :)

longislander1 03-24-2005 10:36 AM

You're right! Amazing. This might be a Federal Trade Commission issue. It's deceptive advertising.

graybeard 03-24-2005 12:18 PM

The issue with the wind stop and Bose system may be the upgrade price from the base boxster I think the radio on the S comes with the first upgrade standard thusly one jump to Bose.

The pricing on PCM/Nav is not correct anywhere, not the salesperson's sheet, the web site. When I sat down and ordered my S the order sheet showed 2970 and on the bottom of the sheet is a small disclaimer stating "Only the actual invoice issued by PCNA at the time this vehicle is purchased by the dealer may be used as an official indication of pricing"

Is it maddening? For sure. Is it worth a fight? Not to me. Good luck!

longislander1 03-24-2005 02:12 PM

I've never before seen such disarray on MSRP on any other car. Just because there's a disclaimer doesn't necessarily mean it's legal. I'll make an inquiry with the FTC as well. Maybe there's nothing that can be done, but I'll give it a try. Even if I don't benefit, maybe pricing can be cleared up for future purchasers.

No_Name 03-27-2005 09:14 PM

More discrepancies:

--leather sport seats: $670 at the configuration page; actual price is $760.
--sound pkg plus (7 speakers): on the brochure, it is indicated as standand for Boxster S. In the descriptive section, it states, "as an option on both new Boxster models...." Does anyone know which is it?

It seems all the actualities of discrepancies are against buyers' favor. :confused:

Shortbus 03-29-2005 11:36 AM

Seems like a lot of companies are doing this kind of shiaz right now. The new Nissan Pick Up trucks are selling with said options they don't even really have on them!!! :dance:

This really sucks.