Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2005, 05:45 AM   #1

Boxster front end

I just went and picked up my car from storage and when I was taking off the cover I noticed that someone had backed into me. I had the car out a couple of weeks ago and did not notice when I put it away. What I want to do now is get the GT3 bumper and have the shop bolt that on instead of the stock one. Does anyone know where I can get the GT3 front? I am looking for the one with the screens
Thanks,
Automon

Automon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 08:22 AM   #2

hey busa man,
sorry to hear that. you might wanna call this guy David @ 832-498-3338 in texas.
he specialize in bumpers and i know he had new gt bumpers. i personally dont think it look better. i dont know what kind of bumper "Lux" has but i think his is bad ass and still has that stock feel. anyhow, david honest and he charges reasonable shipping, like $50 within US, others will charge up to $200.
but his doesnt prime or paint anything for you for anything that is being shipped out. hes got bunch of bumpers on ebay too. lates.

ps. i really wanna see if i can take you on your busa with my R1. i only race on track, my speedo read at the finish (straight away) at willow springs 211mph, but i changed the sprockets, 1 down & 1 up so i was most likely doing 187, 190mph.
kajita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:25 AM   #3

Thanks for the info, My Busa is fast but running an R1 with modified sprockets may be tough it would be a good race though. What has been done to your R1? I have derestricted my bike so it won't shut down @189 also carbon fiber Two brothers exhaust, LED's throughout, Airbox mod, carbon fiber levers and mirrors. I ran out of road last year but I had her up to 180mph and it was still pulling hard so i know that there is more. My goal is to break my record from last year but it takes me about a month after its long winter nap to get comfortable at those speeds so June I will start running around at those speeds
Automon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:22 AM   #4

hmmmm..... what didnt i do to my R1.........???
actually, i didnt mess with engine other than the filters+sprockets, cuz i beat a guy with enigine mods.(which is little strange)
but i got marchesini wheels, all around ohlins+brembo brakes (a must for the track) steel lines, diablo tires, and etc etc. to tell you the truth, i dont understand why people polish their frames, wheels, and whatever they can get their hands on. bikes like ours should be about speed and turns and occasional 80mph+ wheelies. good talking to you busa, check out my bikes pics, ones for the track and one is for when i ride in the street.
kajita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 04:47 PM   #5
Lux

kajita, thanks for the props.

I have the GT3 bumper. It comes with the Boxster Aerokit II along with side skirts and tail. I got mine from Brandywine Porsche. The bumper is lower than stock so you really need the skirts to go with it. I left the tail off because I thought it looked goofy. I'd stick with genuine Porsche parts as they are urethane instead of fiberglass.

-

Lux is offline   Reply With Quote