Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 12:36 PM   #1

Question What color Boxster emblem?

I have the dreaded broken "B" on my Boxster rear deck lid emblem. The emblem is black. The car is black/black. Who thinks what looks best? Should I replace it with another black one or go with titanium or silver (maybe there's one other choice?)?

Andreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:10 PM   #2

I went with titanium and it compliments the de-ambered taillights.

There are a number of options here with subtle differences (high gloss, satin, etc): http://www.e-partssales.com/miva//merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=P&Category_Code=986logos

If you have an S, there is a red S add-on emblem at the bottom.

Satin silver or titanium would look good with a red S, IMO

Last edited by Stroked & Blown; 01-21-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Stroked & Blown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:04 AM   #3

My Box is black with titanium colored lettering on the rear...I often wondered how it would look if I "colored" the S in red? I think when the car comes out of winter hibernation, I'll paint the S with washable acrylic paint just to see how it looks. My friend's white Cayman has the S in red and it looks very good...not sure about the black Box, however.
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #4

On a black car I am going to vote for the red "S". That would look really good.
tamarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:22 AM   #5
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I think a titanium emblem would look good on a black Boxster, the black emblem would be my second choice and I certainly would not get a chrome emblem. Stay away from chrome.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #6
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Hey, what's wrong with chrome?

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #7
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
Except for that chrome.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:28 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatta
My Box is black with titanium colored lettering on the rear...I often wondered how it would look if I "colored" the S in red? I think when the car comes out of winter hibernation, I'll paint the S with washable acrylic paint just to see how it looks. My friend's white Cayman has the S in red and it looks very good...not sure about the black Box, however.
I debaged the emblems on my rear hatch a few months ago and I ordered a new black "Boxster" emblem and a red "S" on Wednesday, once they arrive I will post the results. I firmly believe the red "S" will flow well seeing that it will contrast with our calipers.

Albeit a Carrera it can serve as a point of reference.
2003 Porsche Boxster S 3.2L l AASCO Lightweight Flywheel l FVD Brombacher ECU l FVD Brombacher 100 Cell Sport Catalytics l FVD Brombacher Sport Headers l GiroDisc 340mm FR Rotors l IPD Intake Plenum l Litronics l KW Variant 3 Coilovers l Porsche 997 75mm Throttle Body l Road Sport Supply Underdrive Pulley Kit l Sachs Stage 2 Racing Clutch Kit l TechArt Short Shift Kit l TechArt Power Flow Kit l TechArt Sport Exhaust.
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #9

I've got a black '99 with a black emblem. I'm considering removing it entirely as I think it would look better/cleaner that way, and it's a pain in the butt to clean and polish the trunk lid with it there.

Mark
Mark_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #10

emblems

I have been considering a change on my Box. The only color that makes sense to me is gold, since the crest on the hood is gold. I can get the word PORSCHE in gold but it is only 8 1/2 inches long and about 3/4 inch high and that seems a bit small. I like the individual letters, but I don't like the crome and they are not available in gold, I asked the vendor. BH
wmtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:13 PM   #11

I think debadging the rear of any Porsche looks better, nothing to break up the smooth lines. Just my opinion though.
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:27 AM   #12

I have a Maroon Boxster wanting to go gold do you know if anyone is making them aftermarket?
jc1witness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:33 AM   #13

I'm partial to titanium and did end up painting my "S" red...looks great in my opinion.
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:29 AM   #14

Garage
I bent my "B" up by snagging it with a microfiber towel. I was able to afix it back down and it looks good still to this day. I like the look of Boxtaboy's rear emblem. I wish it came in titanium finish. Do you have a link to where you got your emblem Boxtaboy?

sean
SeanZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #15
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanZ4
I bent my "B" up by snagging it with a microfiber towel. I was able to afix it back down and it looks good still to this day. I like the look of Boxtaboy's rear emblem. I wish it came in titanium finish. Do you have a link to where you got your emblem Boxtaboy?

sean
Thanks. It's actually the OEM Porsche badge from the Panamera sedan. I got it from Suncoast Porsche, but you can order it from any dealer I'm sure. The new Cayenne's also have this badging, so you can probably order it from that car too. It comes with the double sided adhesive already on the back of the letters so all you have to do is measure where you want to put it, and stick it on. It looks great IMO...and several other Boxster owners have complimented me on it already.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:40 AM   #16

Garage
that's right, I do remember now..

I remember reading an old post of yours back when you did it. How'd you measure it out? I'll be near a dealership tomorrow a.m. that has a few Panameras in stock. I'm sure they'd just let me rob the badge off of one of theirs and just order in a replacement one at a later date, right?

sean
Old 08-27-2010, 11:19 AM   #17
Bry

For anyone else looking for this badge, the link on Suncoast was: http://www.****************************************************.com/product/PORSCHELOGOX.html?Category_Code=970_Accessories
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:05 PM   #18
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanZ4
I remember reading an old post of yours back when you did it. How'd you measure it out? I'll be near a dealership tomorrow a.m. that has a few Panameras in stock. I'm sure they'd just let me rob the badge off of one of theirs and just order in a replacement one at a later date, right?

sean
Sure thing. Mounting the letters is easy...

The 2 most important parts of the process were first marking the bottom line where the letters will go across (by just marking the position you like from the bottom- 2.75 inches from the bottom of the trunk lid was where I chose it to be; putting a long strip of painters tape at that mark across the trunk where the letters will go right above), and 2) then marking the dead center for the middle letter (the S). Then, I chose to use Post It brand "Sign Here" strips to mark the positions between each letter for the spacing. These came in real handy because the "Sign Here" strips are exactly one inch in width, and the arrow points exactly in the middle, so for a half inch spacing (what I wanted), it worked great because I could use the arrow to correctly mark on the painters tape where the next letter should be positioned. Thus, you just put the S in the middle, and then a strip of Sign Here tape on the left and right of the S and so on, mark the line where the arrow points to on the painters tape below it, pull off the strip, and then place the next letter on and so on. So, just start with the S, and then put the letters surrounding it on until you are done.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:09 PM   #19

Garage
For $39 I think I'll go ahead and order one. Thanks for the tips boxtaboy!

sean
Old 08-27-2010, 04:18 PM   #20

here's mine

Hi , Mine is black boxster and red S .

brabus is offline   Reply With Quote