Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #1

Electric Window

Hello

In the recent cold weather my window glass on the driver side seems to have detached itself from the motor (or at least that is what I think has happened).

The window has basically frozen shut, and i was scraping the car and trying to open the door without forcing it but the window wasnt dropping as it usually does.

I eventually got the door open and the window wasnt reacting at all to the switch. I could hear the motor, but no movement from the window. when i gave it a helping hand the window fell about five inches.

It is defiantely not connected, but has anyone else had this problem and have any idea how much roughly (GBP) it is to fix and how big a job it is??

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Den

keithmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:14 AM   #2

Hi, did you have any luck? I've the same problem in my 986 after the freeze last week. I de-iced the car one morning with luke-warm water before attempting to open the drivers door. After driving for about 20 mins, I attempted to put the windown down when I heard loud clicking. The window went down but it would not gop back up the full way. It eventually did go back up fully but now it doesn't move up or down (nor does it drop when I open the door handle). When I press the window button, I can hear the motor but the window now does not move.

Colin
colinpbarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:17 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmoon

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Den

I would venture to guess that the problem is in the window regulator.
It's a relatively common issue. The internal plastic parts break, while the motor still works.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro