Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 09:07 PM   #1

Anyone familiar with this sport exhaust system?

Came across a German company called Sommerfield Tuning and their eBay store. Anyone familiar with the company or their Sport-Endschalldämper (sport exhaust)?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Porsche-Boxster-986-S-Sport-Sound-Muffler-Exhaust_W0QQitemZ370244771415QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK _CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item56344ede5 7

Gotta love the owner's "Ger-English." I get what he's attempting to communicate, kind of.

It looks a lot like the PSE (Pedro's Sport Exhaust). I'm not familiar with the real PSE to know whether that's what they're trying to do a low budget copy of. It appears to be a nice product (all stainless), but a bit spendy at ~$1100 delivered. I like Pedro's solution.

gschotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:39 AM   #2

That is just a modified stock muffler. You should be able to find someone to modify yours for around $300.00 USD.
[IMG][/IMG]

1997 E36 M3/4/5
http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/w...ygug/arial.jpg

Last edited by gerrygug; 01-05-2010 at 08:01 AM.
gerrygug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:32 AM   #3

Yes, I know, but that one's all stainless. Certainly some value in that, though not a biggie for me. Buying a spare exhaust and then having the Pedro PSE mod done on it will probably run ~$500 total. Minimal resonance, a bit more sound than stock, and a stock appearance are my priorities. Based on what I've heard in person and online, I'm pretty sure most aftermarket exhausts will be too loud for me.

A friend who's been into air cooled 911s for many years commented about how quiet my car was the first time he test drove it. That got me thinking...

gschotland is offline   Reply With Quote