Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 04:28 PM   #1

987 radio

I just upgraded from a 97 986 to a 05 987 and I am loving it so far! I have a question for the 987 owners. I have the bose surround speakers. When I am not driving or when I stop it all works fine, but when i start driving it seems like the back speaker disconnects. (this only happens with radio, CD's work fine) Could it be a bad signal? If so, why would it work everytime I stop at a light?

Thanks!

juan986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:11 PM   #2

There is a microphone that tune the radio volume with the noise in the car (noise of wind when you ride) probably there is a little bug with that system witch would explain it change comportment when you stop
vipola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #3

The CD changer and navigation module has a permanent power supply.I tapped off this from my dension. Since the dension allows you to control the i pod from the head unit ,I cannot see the need to go to the trouble of routing cables through to the cabin. There is planty of space to put an i pod or USB drive in the front compartment where the navigation/ CD unit sits.The dension now has bluetooth capability,if you have a PCM it emulates having the telephone option installed.The 987 and 997 are identical in terms of front end and wiring for the desnion.