Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
Run

JVC KD-AHD59 03 Boxster Update

Guys I need some help. I bought the JVC Radio and installed it in the car. Problem is cant get power to the deck. I talked to the guy at crutchfield and made little progress. Has anyone put one of these in an 03. I had to cross the yellow and red Positive wires and I am able to get the display to come on for a few seconds but the deck wont power. They only had info on the 02 the harness they sent is suppose to be the correct one but I am not sure on that. I checked all the fuses and the factory deck worked fine up until removal.

Second Question I looked for the alarm switch but was unable to find it anywhere. The diagram they sent is incorrect can anyone point out what I need to do to get this working again.

Thanks for any info you can provide

Ok I figured out why I dont have power. Since I have the most system I only have one power wire out the harness. Now I need to know where I can get a second power supply that is controlled by the key being turned off. I tried the fuse box but none of them are ignition controlled. Anyone have a suggestion.

Still dealing with the alarm problem.

Last edited by Run; 12-29-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Run is offline   Reply With Quote