Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2005, 09:26 AM   #1

Update: Totalled 350Z, upgraded to 01 Boxster S!

First off thanks to the members who gave me opinions and insight on actually test driving and buying a boxster S. I thought the 350Z was a great car, but my new boxster s is 10 times more fun. I love the S, the powerband and useable torque is amazing and makes the car a blast to drive, the way the S handles and feels on the street makes the 350Z feel like i was driving and toyota 4 runner, no joke! And last but not least.. i loved the way the 350Z looked, and still do.. but my S is so easy on the eyes and everything else, that i'm so glad i got it!

LB350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 10:18 AM   #2
Lux

Congrats!

I had a feeling you'd be hooked after the test drive.

Let's see some pics.

Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:06 PM   #3

Talking

Good job Tai, Best of luck with the S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:dance:
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 04:50 PM   #4

Thanks alot! Rich, even though i would have liked to buy yours you were a tremendous help.. and i ended up w/ the silver that i originally wanted!

I'll post some pics once i put my wheels and springs on! (and once it stops raining!)
LB350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 06:16 PM   #5

Talking

I am glad that I could help out. I think you will love the Boxster lifestyle and I look forward to your contributions to our forum here.

BTW- the rain is the pits, no?

Best of luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB350
Thanks alot! Rich, even though i would have liked to buy yours you were a tremendous help.. and i ended up w/ the silver that i originally wanted!

I'll post some pics once i put my wheels and springs on! (and once it stops raining!)
Old 03-08-2005, 10:22 AM   #6

Great choice!
PasadenaBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 07:39 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Shortbus Send a message via MSN to Shortbus Send a message via Yahoo to Shortbus
I actually ended up selling my 350Z and got a 98 boxster, with the 'measily' 2.5L engine. Its not as fast as the 350Z in numbers, but i LOVE driving my Boxster so much more than the 350Z. My boxster has taught me that overall balance in a car means much more than simple power. And the boxster is just as fun driven at 30mph than it is at 95 mph. I hated driving the 350 unless i wwas doing 90+mph, which was just unrealistic on public roads.... Welcome to the dark side! :dance:
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 02:32 PM   #8

Best of luck and keep the shinny side up.
graybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 05:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortbus
I actually ended up selling my 350Z and got a 98 boxster, with the 'measily' 2.5L engine. Its not as fast as the 350Z in numbers, but i LOVE driving my Boxster so much more than the 350Z. My boxster has taught me that overall balance in a car means much more than simple power. And the boxster is just as fun driven at 30mph than it is at 95 mph. I hated driving the 350 unless i wwas doing 90+mph, which was just unrealistic on public roads.... Welcome to the dark side! :dance:

Of course, tubs are only fun when they're taken above 90mph As a former 350z owner I know what it felt like to sit in that tub of a cabin

http://www.yellowpimp.org/ferrari.jpg
jwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 06:10 PM   #10

You know, as a dealer, I often forget what a pleasure it is to drive a Box S. I had one out today and just had a blast. What a fine machine it is.

:dance: