Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 12:43 PM   #1

New rotors, brakes & tires installed

I just finished and went on a test drive to bed the brakes in. Installed all 4 rotors by Balo with Mintex pads. Also, had new tires installed on my rims. The rotors and pads made a huge difference in stopping performance. I no longer feel that scrubbing from the brakes as before, I have smoother stops and when I have to stand on them she stops fast but smoothly. The tires are Falken 912's, which are more like Michellen Pilots. Nice smooth, very quite ride with a lot of bite of dry payment. Tested them on a nice hair pin turn at 50 mph she took it stride. Now, while out on the test I had a plug on one of the coil packs work loose. I have removed and cleaned all my plugs also replaced the spark plug tube seals on one side since they where showing oil around them. Now I need to clear the CHECK ENGINE light. Can I do this by disconnecting the battery and waiting a few minutes and them reconnect it. This works on some American cars. :dance:

jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:36 PM   #2

Garage
it may work but it doesnt work for all lights like AIRBAG wont clear... you can try just make sure you have your radio code handy first
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:01 AM   #3

What year is your car?

The disconnecting the battery trick resets the computer on earlier model cars, like my 2000 S for example (tried and confirmed), but I believe that on the newer models it will not reset the computer.

Try it and see.
Daniel R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:23 AM   #4

2000 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel R
What year is your car?

The disconnecting the battery trick resets the computer on earlier model cars, like my 2000 S for example (tried and confirmed), but I believe that on the newer models it will not reset the computer.

Try it and see.

2000 S...did you have to put the radio code back in.
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:29 AM   #5

Garage
any time power is disconnected from the radio (aka battery removal or radio removal) you will have to re-enter the radio code.

Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote