Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #1

Wow, Pedro is a great guy!

I just received my Pedro's racing mount today. Not only is the workmanship very nice, and not only is the aluminum carrier (which is presumably someone else's used core) in fantastic shape and clean as a whistle, but Pedro shipped it to me with no guarantee of payment other than my word and his good faith.

As a business owner, I've heard every excuse in the book and been left holding the bag by the occasional swindler... and even a bankruptcy court or two. It's nice to see that someone out there still (a) believes in people enough to assume he'll get paid, and (b) puts enough pride in his work that he's willing to let the customer see the product before getting paid.

With all of the completely justified rumbling coming from the bum-used-motor-from-eBay thread, I thought you might all like a reminder of how it's supposed to work.

Thanks, Pedro, for making a good product, selling it at a fair price, and having faith that your fellow man will do the right thing. I genuinely hope someone doesn't f*%k that up by taking advantage of your trusting nature. Should that ever happen, and the buyer is in the San Diego area, let me know and I'll go do some bill collecting for you.

Yours,

A Happy Customer

Old 10-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #2

Couldn't agree more, it's really great to hear this story!!!

The how-to section of his website is AWESOME. It saved me money, helped me pass emissions and was easy to follow. The Pedro engine mount is next for me too. Good luck with your install.
2012 Tunda - Dad Hauler
Fat Tire - Favorite Beer
2TrunkSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:17 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_boxster
I just received my Pedro's racing mount today. Not only is the workmanship very nice, and not only is the aluminum carrier (which is presumably someone else's used core) in fantastic shape and clean as a whistle, but Pedro shipped it to me with no guarantee of payment other than my word and his good faith.

As a business owner, I've heard every excuse in the book and been left holding the bag by the occasional swindler... and even a bankruptcy court or two. It's nice to see that someone out there still (a) believes in people enough to assume he'll get paid, and (b) puts enough pride in his work that he's willing to let the customer see the product before getting paid.

With all of the completely justified rumbling coming from the bum-used-motor-from-eBay thread, I thought you might all like a reminder of how it's supposed to work.

Thanks, Pedro, for making a good product, selling it at a fair price, and having faith that your fellow man will do the right thing. I genuinely hope someone doesn't f*%k that up by taking advantage of your trusting nature. Should that ever happen, and the buyer is in the San Diego area, let me know and I'll go do some bill collecting for you.

Yours,

A Happy Customer

Your experience mirrored mine exactly.....it was very refreshing to deal with a straight up good guy. Kudos to you for giving Pedro the compliment he earned.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:22 AM   #4

Completely agree

I've bought several items from Pedro and he's always shipped them just on faith that I'll pay (which of course I did!). And he stands behind his products...he replaced a lost bra piece (flew off on the way home from Texas in a driving rain) no questions asked. It's very refreshing to find someone like this to do business with. I'm sure I'll be getting his motor mount soon (yes Pedro, I AM going to finally order that mount). Not only is he a good person to do business with, he appreciates good cigars too. He's GOT to be trustworthy!

Bob
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:39 AM   #5
Bob Hindson Racing

We heard the same story from a customer who purchased one of his mounts. Glad to know some people still trust others in this world.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:55 AM   #6
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
My Techno Torque2 arrived today! My experience working with Pedro was fantastic, just as others have described!
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:56 PM   #7

Who is Pedro? Can somebody post a link to his website?
Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:08 PM   #8

http://www.pedrosgarage.com/Site/Technolab.html
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #9

Another Pedro fan!

I drove to Pedro's house/garage about a month ago. He installed a few plastic pieces that he covered with leather. He is a very nice person and extremely experienced and knowledgable regarding Boxsters.

His prices are much lower than dealerships and I think lower than most independent mechanics with much less experience.

If any of you live in the central to south Florida area, I strongly suggest you have Pedro work on your Boxsters.

Eric
E Kaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #10

A standup guy

There is no question that Pedro is a stand up guy and will do right by you. I wish I lived closer as I would be hanging out at Pedro's garage and having him do my Boxster work. I can testify that he backs up his work with his word and that is a rare thing these days. Advantage Pedro, hope to meet you someday.

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:49 AM   #11

A vote for Pedro

Count me as a satisfied Pedro customer. He is the only guy who touches my car! He does outstanding work. He really knows/appreciates Boxsters and it shows.
jgatsby57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:34 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to ultimate1 Send a message via Yahoo to ultimate1
Pedro is the man! The only person I trust to work on my Boxster!
ultimate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:38 PM   #13

Pedro did the same thing for me when I purchased my mount.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #14

Took care of me the same way on my purchase. Very easy to deal with!
McLuvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #15

Received my mount last week and then sent a check and the core back to him as he requested.

derb is offline   Reply With Quote