Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #1

Garage
Bad Day

I live in East county Portland ,Oregon. Gets windy sometimes. Opened the garage door to retrieve something from my truck in the driveway when I hear a clanging noise in the garage. I turn around to see a spare 1' x 3' x 1" steel shelf for my garage racking that had been picked up by the wind and thrown on to the hood area of my 04 Boxter. I'm just sick, there is a gouge on the hood where it initially landed , corner down, and many scatches,dings, creases all over the hood and passenger fender, where it rattled around and slid off before I could get over to it. Insurance will cover it with my comprehensive, but undoubtedly it will be bondo as the dents are very small. Basalt Black, Let's see how well they match that. Just needed to share to blow off steam. Now I'll go stick a fork in my head as I'm done for today.

Pirate50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #2

OUCH! My sympathies, dude.

I had a 5' step ladder fall over and dent my wife's vehicle. But it was just a Toyota van, so it's hardly the same. I'm paranoid as hell something like that will happen to the Box, but (knock on wood) so far so good.

Good luck with the repairs.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:01 PM   #3

I may be over-protective, but the cars are usually covered with fairly thick four layer covers just for that reason (and door dings) because accidents will happen. May not protect against a big hit, but hopefully the little ones will bounce off.
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:05 PM   #4

Garage
Thanks, yeah I usually have the cover on it ,even in the garage, but not this time. It wouldn't have stopped this damage anyway, maybe some of the paint scratches, but not the gouge or creases.

Pirate50 is offline   Reply With Quote